What's new

Where to service my car?

;)

lol, environmental disposal 9 quid. Bit pricey that, local council dumpsite will have it off you for free.

Hi there Guys I had a service done last week on my 2004 type S by a really nice chap called Stuart, Hughes Honda I belive?

I was a little nervus to say the least as I've always used a dealer in the past but I was totally shocked how much knew about Honda's. Anyway the car is performing so much better than it ever has before fuel ecommey is almost 12mpg improved and the acceration is well, refined is a better word. So my question what could he have done different to the dealer for almost 60% less off the cost and still using all genuine honda parts?

Please don't get me wrong I'm 100% happy and wont using a dealer again, but I'm stumpped so could anybody shead any light why is the car better than ever. Also why he charged me more than 25% less than the dealer on parts as I did check all the part numbers with a dealer for prices?

NIKKI XxX

well hopefully the correct oil and oem filters account for some difference. did/can you see you old air filter?

dealers often charge double the going labour rate.

well hopefully the correct oil and oem filters account for some difference. did/can you see you old air filter?

dealers often charge double the going labour rate.

Dan thanks for the reply the air filter was checked and was ok so he just cleaned the air box thingy the filter goes in?

Did he give you an invoice with a breakdown of what was changed? What mileage are you on?

Diesels certainly respond well to an oil and filter change. I thought your petrols were a little less fickle though...