What's new

Which aftermarket shock absorbers are best ?

Accord127

Reaction score
Car
Accord diesel
I want to change all struts of my diesel 2.2 2005 CN1 accord. Originals are 172€ per item
Following is price of per item ,
TRW27€
Bilstein b4 80€
KYB 77 €
Sachs 74 €

All shocks are remommended for both diesel and petrol cars, however with Honda OEM thay have different parts numbers, diesels parts have SEF written in between numbers.

is there any difference in diesel and petrol ones ?? And which is good brand to buy ? Any idea ?

if you can afford the price of the original ones, you might as well upgrade to bilstein b6 shocks. but if the shocks fitted to your car right now are shot, then anything will be a fantastic upgrade

shocks are generally very good at "dealing with" differences in weight on the platform they are designed for; heavier cars tend to have stiffer spring rates to compensate for the added weight thus taking strain off the shock absorber.
I'm not saying it applies to the accord, I'm pretty sure the petrol springs are interchangeable with the diesel springs and vice versa. and so are the shocks.
only when you start dabbling in lowering springs and the like, will axle weight become relevant(for us)

My car is diesel, b6 are 140€ each

I also found original petrol new oem honda shocks for 140€ / pair ( new old stock clearance ) , if petrol and diesel are same then i can buy those too

I've had b4's on a few cars, standard and lowered, for me, very,very good. They would always be my first choice for a road car.