What's new

Which Suspension Setup

stuman

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda
Hi all,

I currently own a Accord 1.8 VTEC (Ch6) I would like to know any advice on what suspension setup I could get for my Honda as I want to lower it approx 35-40mm as its seems to be riding to high for my liking. What is currently the best springs, shocks and kits on the market as I can't seem to find alot of info on websites. Also if anyone in the UK is currently selling any suspension kits I would be very interested. I have previoulsy looked at Koni sports kits and also Tein kits but these are just to expensive for me at the current time.

Thanks Stu ;)

Koni suspension kit

Problem is with the 6th gen 5th gen and 4th gen, lowering springs lower the car more than the increase in spring rates so you sometimes find your self catching the underside on things.

But koni have adjustable dampers so you can control the motion of the car better to counter this problem, also comes with life time warranty on the dampers.

Eibach, KW, Weitec and Tien are good also.

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_manufacturer.mhtml?category=suspn

Thanks for the reply I looked into Koni but they are just too bloody expensive for me at moment I guess I will just have to start saving :(

Get yourself some Eibach springs. they're not much money and will give you a decent drop, as well as letting you know if you can live with the ride quality after the drop.

This is what my Accord looks like with the H & R cup suspension kit :) :

DSC03048.jpg

The dampers are adjustable. The fronts are easy to adjust, but the rears are a total nightmare and the suspension needs to be taken to pieces every time. :(

A friend of mine has the Tein Superstreets on his Accord. Similar price to the H & R. The Tein is slightly more comfortable, in my opinion. ;)

Problem is with the 6th gen 5th gen and 4th gen, lowering springs lower the car more than the increase in spring rates so you sometimes find your self catching the underside on things.
i had this exact problem before. Smashed my subframe and downpipe into the road surface once and it put the EML on with a fault code of 'system too rich' (because of the air leak ;) )

The problem is made worse when using low profile tyres or smaller wheels. The difference between running 215/40/17 tyres compared to 225/45/17 is a considerable amount. I think i calculated an extra 18mm ground clearance when using 225/45.