What's new

Will these Alloys fit without rubbing?

mrbless248

Members
Reaction score
Car
i-CTDi Exec
I'm thinking of changing my alloys on my 04 Exec from the Honda 17" to some 19's and was wondering if they will fit.

The new fitment is 7.5x19 ET45. I'm definately gonna lower the car about 30mm so will these new rims rub at all?

Thanks.

7.5" width with ET45 ***uming 35 profile rubber you will be okay, you might notice a little brushing of the front wheel arch linnings under hard cornering where the road cambers down.

7.5" width with ET45 ***uming 35 profile rubber you will be okay, you might notice a little brushing of the front wheel arch linnings under hard cornering where the road cambers down.

Thanks Monks. And yes, the tyres are 35 profile. But is there anyway I can make sure that there's no rubbing, even when cornering hard, ie with spacers?

Spacers would only serve to make the situation worse ie making the wheel come out further on the arch. If you have a look at the wheel arch lining you will see the problem the outer edge as it enters the lip comes down into a wedge shape its this that may / could cause a little issue.

I think with a 7.5" width you will be okay and I only ever experienced a very slight issue on a certain round about that was tight and cambered to the left. The only way to 100% be sure is to remove the lining and have the arches rolled, this is overkill as whilst costing money, the arch lining does serve a purpose and you dont want muck getting everywhere and causes issues.

Spacers would only serve to make the situation worse ie making the wheel come out further on the arch. If you have a look at the wheel arch lining you will see the problem the outer edge as it enters the lip comes down into a wedge shape its this that may / could cause a little issue.

I think with a 7.5" width you will be okay and I only ever experienced a very slight issue on a certain round about that was tight and cambered to the left. The only way to 100% be sure is to remove the lining and have the arches rolled, this is overkill as whilst costing money, the arch lining does serve a purpose and you dont want muck getting everywhere and causes issues.

Cheer mate. I guess the best way to solve it is to stay away from the round about you mention.....that or drive like I'm driving Miss Daisy! lol

19x7.5 et 45 should be fine with 30mm drop. I found out that I can go with 18x8 et 40 with slight rub and that lowered with coilovers.

18x8 et45 and 35 profile is what i have now and it's fine however not all 35 profile tyres are made equal..some are wider than others

Camber also has a lot to play in the matter, also I'm lowered by 35mm on coilovers also, no rubbing

Al the guy is going 19" and 35 profile, I had 18x8j 45et with 40 profile and it defo rubbed a little as described.

How about 19" wheels with 45 offset and 8" wide. Would that cause any problems if the car is lowered by about 30mm.

19" HONDA CRV 07 > HYUNDAI SANTA FE 06 > ALLOY WHEELS found these on eBay. How can I meke them fit?!

Posted from my Phone, so I don't think link will work, just put it in search on eBay. They are 19" 9j offset 35.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-HONDA-CRV-07-HYUNDAI-SANTA-FE-06-ALLOY-WHEELS-/270778978998?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item3f0baf52b6