What's new

window problem

STEVEBRO

Members
Reaction score
Car
ACCORD 03 2.4 EX
Hi Guys- Happy New Year! to everyone.

I've started to develop a problem with drivers side window. If you allow it to go past more than 2 thirds down, it goes all the way down even when trying to get the window up. Once it goes all the way down when you activate the up switch it goes up about 1/2 then back down again. You have to stop the engine to get the window all the way back up again manually with the switch it wont go up on it's own in auto. It's like it has a mind of it's own when past a certain point unless the engine is off.
Appreciate any help

I have problem with mine which I hope has been sorted when the clutch was done.

Sometime I put it down only 2 inches or so, when I pull the switch to put it back up it goes down? dealer said known problem on various Honda's but not mine? even though exactly same issue

They were going to ask Honda about it, I'll find out tomorrow what problem was.

Iv had this a couple of times but its always corrected itself.It could be a loose connection.
Try taking the switch apart and see if there is anything that's come adrift.It may help to give the connection a spray with electronic contact spray for good measure.If you take it to some dealers they will charge you just to have a look so its worth having a look yourself first.

Dealer said to me today window sometimes looses memory so has to be reset? they have done and it works?

strange

To reset the auto feature, its car off, window down, ignition on, window up, as it hits the top ignition off. Something like that anyway, tbh it shud reset on its own aswell.

To reset the auto feature, its car off, window down, ignition on, window up, as it hits the top ignition off. Something like that anyway, tbh it shud reset on its own aswell.

Thanks Salim, that's done the trick. Thanks also to others for their input. :ph34r:

Ah - glad mine isn't the only one - I had exactly this problem - put the window all the way down to speak to someone, pulled away - hit the button - window rose about an inch then went down again.

I didn't stop the engine, but I opened the driver's door, gave it a good slam, and the window went right up again.

I was only doing about 10mph at the time, so you probably don't want to do this at much higher speed :eek:

Ah - glad mine isn't the only one - I had exactly this problem - put the window all the way down to speak to someone, pulled away - hit the button - window rose about an inch then went down again.

I didn't stop the engine, but I opened the driver's door, gave it a good slam, and the window went right up again.

I was only doing about 10mph at the time, so you probably don't want to do this at much higher speed :eek:

Ah yes...the old failsafe...give it a good slam or get out the FBH ..always a favourite of mine :lol:

Isn't this caused by the window runner getting a bit sticky and automatically goes down as it thinks someone's fingers have got trapped? Mine does this as well just never bothered to fix it yet!

Ah yes...the old failsafe...give it a good slam or get out the FBH ..always a favourite of mine :lol:
Does FBH stand for "very large hammer"?

Does FBH stand for "very large hammer"?

Wouldn't be suprised if it has something the do with the electrics in that great big switch unit which also contains the central locking circuitry too - as that also talks to the car remote keyfob.....too complex for my liking. In a nutshell, it's at leat 200quid for the damn thing to be replaced at your local friendly main agent!!!!

I'd also try lube on the rubber seal before looking at the electrics. Drivers window on my car would stick open and just click, then suddenly close.
Gave it a good squirt of silicone spray and it hasnt happened in 18 months.