What's new

Window rubber

Peteeccles

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord Ex
Should any water/ mist be removed when the side windows are lowered? When i lower mine none is removed.. Do i need to replace something?

Nope they don't , window channels are not wipers.LOL

That is one the funniest things I have heard in a long time. a Microfiber cloth in the side door pocket does help.LOL

Sorry buddy that is pure laziness

I appreciate your mirth but i think you will find that on many other makes they do. I wasnt trying to be lazy I just wondered if something was amiss and needed changing.

[font="arial][size="2"]No nothin's amiss Pete, your car is perfectly fine.[/size][/font]

Should any water/ mist be removed when the side windows are lowered? When i lower mine none is removed.. Do i need to replace something?
I am with you. I wondered the same thing, as my Saab 95 used to clear the windows when I lowered them and my Honda doesn't touch the glass at all when winding down. A perfectly fair question to my mind. Happy now I know!
C

I think its more than a valid question.

All cars Ive had in the past and drive at present will remove any condensation on the outside of the window when the window is opened then closed. Even my late 80's Peugeot 205 will do this, but the Accord doesn't.

I put it down to the rubbers shrinking and was going to ask the same question of how to fix it at some point as this is a safety issue. We shouldn't have to open our window to look out of them at T junctions.

I think its more than a valid question.

All cars Ive had in the past and drive at present will remove any condensation on the outside of the window when the window is opened then closed. Even my late 80's Peugeot 205 will do this, but the Accord doesn't.

I put it down to the rubbers shrinking and was going to ask the same question of how to fix it at some point as this is a safety issue. We shouldn't have to open our window to look out of them at T junctions.
The best thing i do is clean the windows before my joinery with a window rubber thingy :D

I think it's just a fact that Accord's side window rubbers don't remove condensation. I've never really found it a problem.

I also found this. I just traded from a BMW and in the mornings I used to be able to open and close the drivers and passenger windows and they would clear the condensation from inside and outside the car. When you’re in a rush it’s a fantastic time saver.. I really miss the BMW I guess I'll have to make do with the inferior quality of the accord. :rolleyes:

You do have a option you know? sell the car and buy a BMW. its that simple. seriously if that is the biggest bug bear for you do something about it.

:D I knew I would provoke a reaction like that from you die hard Honda fans... I was only being sarcastic... I do like the accord compared to the BMW I used to own as that was a 1999 3 series and this accord is a 2007 Type S but it’s just the little things which you take for granted that’s all...
Also kind of limited with my options actually as the Honda was relatively cheap which is why I purchased it... and as simply red once said "moneys too tight to mention"

guys this is a Honda accord forum please don't lower the tone by a BMW lol

If the Accords are anything like my 2004 Type-R (EP3), then the door cards will come away slightly from the door when opening (on purpose). Why? I have no idea. But my seals were never close to cleaning my windows.