What's new

Window tiniting in the North East

relaxer7

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 CTDi
Hi All
Does anyone know of any reputable window tinters in the North East? I've seen a few websites but most of them have portfolios of dodgy old corsa's or ropey looking ancient beemers with limo black windows all round...

**edit** I can't change the spelling mistake in the ***le!!! 'tinting' not 'tiniting' :blush:

Make sure whoever does it uses good film. SunTek is pretty much the industry standard. There is a huge difference between low end film and top end. One has a lifetime guarantee and the other doesn't to put it simply.
Cheapest is not always best, Make sure they can do a good job on the dot matrix around the rear window and wash your windows 3 or 4 times before getting it done and use a green scouring pad on them as well but be careful of the heated window wires. The tiniest mark or bit of crud will stick out like a sore thumb.

No guarantee no work. Avoid the fly by night £100 tinters as its £100 for a reason. You will be looking at between £150 to £200 for a decent job.
Don't even contemplate Ebay film as its crap.

A good tinter will be able to hide most of the dot matrix, A bad one will leave your rear window looking like it has a halo round it.
This picture shows you a bad tint over the dot matrix.
dot-matrix.gif

Sound advice from Neil.

I shopped around before having mine done and in Bradford there are guys doing it for £125..

But I insisted on seeing some work before handing the keys over and in the end went to a place round the corner from my (old) house. I think they quoted £185 at first and I got them down to £160 and that's a set price for our members.

It's probably 100 miles from you but their work is top notch. Look up Tintwerx

http://tintwerx.co.uk/

It's run by Adam and his dad, Saggs. Tell them Fahad sent you from the Accord club.

Thanks lads. Was looking at the LLumar film which seems to be pretty well respected and was expecting between £150 - £180 for a decent job. That seems to be the problem round my way - a decent job!
Will deffo consider tintwerx if you say it's up to standard Fahad - I know you're a stickler for a good job :D

Richard - it's guaranteed for the life of your ownership of the car. Mine had a small dust mark in the rear screen - I noticed it a week later. Took it back, they did it all over again without question, really took pride in their work and a pleasure to deal with.