What's new

window tinting

Nope because you are miles away.
But i can give you some advice as my mate does this for a living.

Do not use fly by night tinters who offer to do your whole car for £100 as they use ***** film and it will fade or crack after a couple of years. Suntek is the best film you can get.

Make sure they clean your windows very well and clean them yourself before getting it done at least twice. Use a green scouring pad with warm soapy water (Johnsons baby shampoo is best as it is PH neutral) but be careful of your heated window wires on the rear window and dry them with a micro fibre cloth. Now clean them again.
The slightest bit of dirt or a hair will stand out like a sore thumb when the tint is on.

Make sure they tint over the rear 3rd brake light and don't just cut round it. if they cant do this go to someone who can. Also make sure they tint right up to the edge of the window on the doors, some don't and you can see a few mill gap when the windows are rolled down and it doesn't look nice.

Don't use a mobile tinter and use someone who has a premises as there are just to many contaminants flying around outside and it is nearly impossible to fit the film without some ***** getting stuck to it.
Make sure they do your rear window in one piece not to pieces.

Lastly expect to pay between £150 and £200 for a good job for the B pillar back. If you want the fronts done add another £60.
It is also illegal to put any shade of tint to the front windows as they are already at the legal limit of 35%. They leave the factory like this.

That's not to say you won't get away with a light tint as my car has and i have had no problems. Go dark though and expect to be peeling them off at the side of the road at some point while the plod write you a £60 fine.

This is what a 35% tint looks like on all the windows.

As you can see the rear window looks darker than the rest because not much light makes its way through the rest of the car, It looks more like a 20% tint but its not. Bare this in mind if you decide to go darker because the rear window could end up looking almost limo black. Obviously if you don't have the front windows tinted more light will pass through the car and it wont look so dark.

HondaPicturessamsungEX1030.jpg

HondaPicturessamsungEX1027-Copy.jpg

HondaPicturessamsungEX1014-Copy-Copy.jpg

Here is my old Vectra with a 20% tint for comparison.

vectra2.jpg

TINTINGguide.jpg

Nice one bud...

Spot on advice as usual from Neil.

I use a fantastic firm in Bradford, they supply a very high quality film and carry a lifetime warranty or 10 year warranty depending on which film you spec with them. Had my Beemer done off them a few months back and my Accord a few years back.

www.tintwerx.co.uk

They've been in the business years and are not a fly by night operation. You're looking at around £160 from them which is a very good rate for a top quality job.

If you go, tell them Fahad sent you.

also one very important thing I forgot.

Make sure you ask if the film they use is metal. the very best films like suntek infinity have metal in them.

These films are not suitable for the rear window of the saloon or the rear 1/4 windows of the tourer due to the aerial being part of the window.
the metal in the film interferes with the radio reception unfortunately. you would need a high quality standard non metalic film for these windows. if you don't you can kiss goodbye to medium wave.