What's new

WindowSox

little

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord i-CTDi
Hi guys!
Looking for some sun protection I came accross these http://www.windowsox.co.uk/
My biggest concern is if they will fit properly on saloon's back door. Most of the cars on their videos and pictures have got doors shaped like I___I, when the Accord saloon is more like I___\
Did anyone of you tried these yet? Cheers

What happened to the days of wedging a teatowel under the window to keep the sun off your little 'un?

Bartek mate something to bare in mind if you have them fitted and it rains it will come in.
I did this once in winter when i put a towel on the windscreen for the frost.The frost didn't come but rained instead and it poured into the foot well of the car :(

What happened to the days of wedging a teatowel under the window to keep the sun off your little 'un?
hey've gone mate ;)

Bartek mate something to bare in mind if you have them fitted and it rains it will come in.
I did this once in winter when i put a towel on the windscreen for the frost.The frost didn't come but rained instead and it poured into the foot well of the car :(
That is a very useful bit of advice Brett. When you think about it, it is becoming pretty obvious. Any ideas where can I get a decent set of privacy blinds. Anything but not directly from Honda as HH priced those for me as 144pounds :ph34r:

Tbo I would go for window tints if it was me.
The problem with OEM blinds you can't open the windows so it's not for me.

I got sun blinds for all the rear windows and I really like them.

Not from this company but similar http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Accord-4dr-03-07-CAR-SUN-SHADES-BLINDS-TINT-/200406728212?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ea92bfe14

Unlike tints the window can be opened for air whilst still having the protection in place.

I also intend to sell them when I sell the car so will end up costing buttons.

Rain came in through your WINDSCREEN because it had a towel on it!!! I think you need to get new seals all the way round!

The towel was tucked in the doors to stop it blowing away.
My thought was when the towel got wet it driped through the fabric into the car.

You mean you put a towel on the screen and closed the doors on it with it between the A-pillar and the door?

Do people do that? :huh: seems a bit odd behaviour to me.

Ha Ha it stops it blowing away and kids nicking the blo dy towels lol

The towel was tucked in the doors to stop it blowing away.
My thought was when the towel got wet it driped through the fabric into the car.
That what it was!
I don't really want a tint only in the back. If I tinted the car it would have to be the whole lot but that would be illegal. Therefore, I'll stick to blinds.