What's new

windscreen air vents - no flow

silent_lord

Reaction score
Car
6th Gen 2.0 SE EXEC
i have just bought an 02 accord vtec SE executive. i am really happy with it, comfortable and runs sweet.
however this morning the car was iced over, went to defrost it and nothing comes out the vents at the base of the windscreen.

all over vents have strong air flow and the car heats up quite quickly, but thats not really any help with the front windscreen. also noticed that after it rained this afternoon i have the same problem, the front windscreen takes a looong time to clear as theres nothing blowing upwards.

i had a similar problem with my IS200 that turned out to be a clogged and dirty air/pollen filter. after trolling the net i discovered the location of the accord filter and it didn't even have filter inside, apart from some dust and debris which i removed. theres no change of air flow.

anyone have any ideas? as its only getting colder and im gonna need to use the defrosting more often.

lol

nevermind sorted it.

found this thread in my travels. My link

didn't understand what was being said, downloaded the program too but didn't know its location.
i just dismantled the dash on the drivers side.... which was incredibly easy as the previous onwer/owners had not re-srewed any of the dash back together, only the clips where holding anything together. any-ho... i found a wire hanging loose near the clutch petal and centre console... plugged it back into the only empty slot and hey presto the vents are blowing again at the base of the windscreen. only real test of course is when it ice's over again, which won't be long.

also found a wire unplugged into a box on the clutch arm, figured it was related to the cruise control. sadly it did nothing and cruise doesn't work either. no bother as i rarely do motorway miles.

Nice one!

Thought it might have been the linkage but haven't had to look at it myself thus far.

Have you have a look at the cruise control fuse incase its simply that? I don't have cc in mine so never had to troubleshoot it.

FuseDriver_zps5734ee2f.jpg

Nice one!

Thought it might have been the linkage but haven't had to look at it myself thus far.

Have you have a look at the cruise control fuse incase its simply that? I don't have cc in mine so never had to troubleshoot it.

FuseDriver_zps5734ee2f.jpg

yeah tried all the fuses, in car and under bonnet. i think its something major like the cruise ecu or something else. no light pops on the dash.

not too bothered though, as i rarely go on the motorway. was just a cool feature i've never had.