What's new

Windscreen trim

StuH

Members
Reaction score
Car
Superb Estate 3.6 V6
The windscreen trim on the RH side (looking form the outside) has come loose. It doesn't want to clip back in so I think the retaining clips have broke. I've also got a squeak from that area so I'm presuming it's related. Has anyone had this problem or refitted the trim?

I've had that issue with mine on the 6th gen. Might be worth ringing your insurer and see if you got any windscreen cover and if it applies to this (OFC make sure it doesn't affect your NCD, it usually doesn't but it's worth asking).

I did consider that as I do have a chip that needs sorting.

On closer inspection the two bottom retaining clips have come away, I've ordered some more clips just not sure how they are secured..

StuH said:
I did consider that as I do have a chip that needs sorting.

On closer inspection the two bottom retaining clips have come away, I've ordered some more clips just not sure how they are secured..
If it's windscreen stuff, i'd seriously think twice about doing jobs yourself unless you are 100% sure you can do it. I'd ring about the chip then follow up on the other issues and see what they would be willing to cover. If you been with them for a while you could play the customer loyalty card and they may be more helpful.

hi StuH i have the same problem, can you please tell me where and which clips you ordered.

thankyou :)