What's new

Windscreen trims

Blippi

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord GT ES
Hi recently lost my driver's side trim in the weekends winds, couple of quick questions anyone know a part number as eBay breakers aren't proving successful at the moment?

Also I only have the lower clip still attached to the car but can see there should be a couple more that parted company with the trim.

What's best way to secure the replacement? New clips tiger sealed down with a bit on trim or just tiger seal without clips?

Sorry mine is a 2008 but I don't think they would change unless possibly for the facelift. Bit more than expected but by the codes look like they come painted so there is that.

Annoyingly mine wasn't lifting before deciding to part ways in the A1 fast lane but the winds were bad enough to leave lorries on there sides counted at least 7 so could have been worse.

Thanks for the quick reply and if no luck second hand will have to go down the new route

Hi.
It may be worth having a chat with Honda. Long story short there was a recall for the early Mk8 Accords ie yours which involved the attachment of the said trim. My 09 Accord had the recall completed, followed by a screen replacement some time later, and the fitters bodged the repair by gluing the trim back on, when in the very hot summer some years ago the trim came off. Anyway being cheeky I popped to my local Honda in Lincoln who go in contact with Honda UK who arranged to have them replaced as a token of good will I Just paid £60 to cover part of the labour.

Mine came from a Honda dealers and the trim was loose, I didn't want to lose the trim so prised it off carefully, cleaned and dried thoroughly and used black tigerseal to re-attach the trim.
It hasn't moved in the several years since so I'm hoping it will stay that way.
I don't like the little clips they are not man enough for the loads the trim piece sees at speed as you found out.

Hi.
It may be worth having a chat with Honda. Long story short there was a recall for the early Mk8 Accords ie yours which involved the attachment of the said trim. My 09 Accord had the recall completed, followed by a screen replacement some time later, and the fitters bodged the repair by gluing the trim back on, when in the very hot summer some years ago the trim came off. Anyway being cheeky I popped to my local Honda in Lincoln who go in contact with Honda UK who arranged to have them replaced as a token of good will I Just paid £60 to cover part of the labour.

I might try this as I still need to rebook for the airbag recall, was cancelled due to COVID so might see what they say if I mention it

I might try this as I still need to rebook for the airbag recall, was cancelled due to COVID so might see what they say if I mention it
How did you get on I’ve got totally the same problem with mine the trim blow off a few weeks ago and I need to book in the for the air bag recall.

Ended up buying used items got a pair (from a facelifted car so they are the same for all 8th gen)

As I needed to fit a spoiler I just bit the bullet and refitted myself a tube of tiger seal did the job and was pretty easy to do without any mess. I've got a spare passenger side trim in black if you need one?

I'd advise remove and refitting the one still attached as I had only planned to replace the missing one but the other became loose just before I planned to do it even though it had felt pretty secure.

Ended up buying used items got a pair (from a facelifted car so they are the same for all 8th gen)

As I needed to fit a spoiler I just bit the bullet and refitted myself a tube of tiger seal did the job and was pretty easy to do without any mess. I've got a spare passenger side trim in black if you need one?

I'd advise remove and refitting the one still attached as I had only planned to replace the missing one but the other became loose just before I planned to do it even though it had felt pretty secure.
That’s for replying and the offer of the passenger side but typical i need the driver side I’ll take your advice about redoing the other trim.

Anyone recommend a Honda breakers in UK to get these? Any good websites to search second hand parts in UK. We have findapart.ie here in Ireland but struggling to locate them in right colour as I don't have a big budget to get them painted. Both mine flew off on motorway in the past couple of months. I had re-glued them down previously years ago but the glue may have broken down.