What's new

Windscreen washer

edgeoftime

Members
Reaction score
Car
11 idtec tourer ex.
The windscreen washers on the car are not as powerful as they used to be, I read that the motor maybe failing but it sounds the same as ever it did, I suspect the jets, but how do you clean/adjust them? the hole appears to be clear (needle poked down it) there is a screwdriver slot? what for. Also how do they remove from holders, I see that by pulling back the right side inner wing I can get at the motor, and remove the pipework to check for blockage there. Sorry if I have answered my own question, but maybe someone can "simplify" the problem.

Hot water into the washer bottle and run it through the washers might soften any potential waxy/greasey residue that may have accumalted over time. I would try close to boiling water as it will cool somewhat before it get to the nozzles. Though I haven't actually tried it yet, I keep meaning to on her car as the rear wiper nozzle is crap and you have to buy the whole motor with hers, 2005 Civic.

I moved the jets on mine very recently as they were shooting a little low. Be very careful when you try and move them as the plastic seemed very soft and that it would spoil very easily on mine. Managed to take a couple of knicks out of them! I used my pen knife to move them up and down etc.

With regards to the nozzle issue my rear just trickles out but the front is fine so I'm guessing a little blockage rather than motor issue. How well does everyone else's rear nozzle work?

Going to try the hot water trick and see if that works once my bottle is a little more empty, don't want to waste the screenwash that's in it!