What's new

Wing mirror indicator

Alex of Smeg

Reaction score
Car
Accord type S 2011
Noticed my driver side wing mirror indicator doesn't work during a pre MOT inspection. Pretty certain this will be an MOT fail. Anyway I can't for the life of my figure out how to access it to troubleshoot. And to top it off I've just broken the mirror glass trying to pry it out to see if I have to get access that way. How do I strip these damn wing mirrors without breaking it further. Also, anyone know where I can get hold of a replacement mirror. Preferably a cheap aftermarket version but should be heated and have the blindspot curve.

Unlike the Mk7 accord the Mk8 headlight ***embly can be seen front and side when indicating, so faulty mirror lights are not going to fail the MOT.

You can use this guide to get the Electronic Service Manual (ESM) working. It will show you how to get to the lens. Loads of sellers on Aliexpress sell the the indicators for less than £10 delivered. Delivery will usually take 2-4 weeks.

Last edited:
You can use this guide to get the Electronic Service Manual (ESM) working. It will show you how to get to the lens. Loads of sellers on Aliexpress sell the the indicators for less than £10 delivered. Delivery will usually take 2-4 weeks.
Cheers for the guide, I'll definitely make use of that, if not for this then for my temperamental headlight auto levelling system.
Already got the indicator lens out, don't know how that would be possible without breaking the glass. Anyway I've ordered an aftermarket heated mirror from here and already found this on AliExpress. Will keep looking for cheaper ones lol. I'm going to bodge a little T10 bulb holder inside the remains of the lens to get it through it's MOT whilst waiting for AliExpress.
All the electrics inside were destroyed by water. Can't believe there's a little circuit board in there! Still doesn't justify Honda's insane prices for this ***embly.