What's new

Wing mirror

nduli

Members
Reaction score
Car
CDTI exec saloon
Guys looking for some help. Noticed my passenger wing mirror wobbling today on my facelift with folding mirrors. Quick inspection showed I can lift the bottom of the glass up ie separate from the mirror enclosure but it appears still fixed at the top. Not wanting to break anything does anyone know how it fixes itself in and how I can sort this out?

Guys looking for some help. Noticed my passenger wing mirror wobbling today on my facelift with folding mirrors. Quick inspection showed I can lift the bottom of the glass up ie separate from the mirror enclosure but it appears still fixed at the top. Not wanting to break anything does anyone know how it fixes itself in and how I can sort this out?

From memory there are clips that hold the mirror in place.
Try pushing the glass gently back on to the enclosure and hopefully it will pop back in.If not the clips might be broke so 3M sticky pads might be an option.

From memory there are clips that hold the mirror in place.
Try pushing the glass gently back on to the enclosure and hopefully it will pop back in.If not the clips might be broke so 3M sticky pads might be an option.

Ok thanks Brett. Happy with a Heath Robinson route if I need to. Are there cables running behind there ie connected to the glass for the electric operation and the heating element?

Ok thanks Brett. Happy with a Heath Robinson route if I need to. Are there cables running behind there ie connected to the glass for the electric operation and the heating element?

Yes there is a small cable for the heater side of things.
It might pay to take the glass off to see why its loose.Gently pull from the bottom and it will come off.
Also if i remember there is a black wet substance behind the mirror as well to glue it or hold it in place.

Yes there is a small cable for the heater side of things.
It might pay to take the glass off to see why its loose.Gently pull from the bottom and it will come off.
Also if i remember there is a black wet substance behind the mirror as well to glue it or hold it in place.

Super cheers bud that's tomorrow am's job sorted

No probs Richard just take your time prizing the glass off as not to crack it ;)