What's new

winter tyres

JAPIMPORT

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 ACCORD SE
hi there im thinking about geting winter tyres, as we will probably have snow coming this year,my car was rubbish in the snow,any kind of small hill and i was stuck,so if any other drivers had winter tyres on last year, could you recommend a good set for me. thanks for your help

There are specific winter tyres available, and i know a few people switch to them. I persoanlly just stick with my all year round set up of Toyo T1-Rs on the front, and Yoko S-Drives on the rear.

Yoko do do a specific tyre for the winter, and they are apparently VERY good.

I had Continental Winter contacts last year and they will be going back on next week. Absolutely superb things. I live in a small estate witha single road in/out which is ~ 1:4 with a sharp bnd at the bottom. with Summer tyres I was getting nowhere, VSa was just fighting itself silly.

With the winters on the VSA light didn't even flash, it was literally like driving on dry tarmac. I'm not saying they make me over confident but they quite simply make driving a whole lot easier and safer.

Mytyres.co.uk, camskill are some suppliesr but strangely as last year Kwik Fit are advertising 25% off and in my case they had them in and the discount made them cheaper than the online suppliers.

I ran with Nokian wr-g2's last year and ended up keeping them on through summer. They have gone up in price though - £60 last year to £90 this year.

They were noticably different to summer tyres, stopped shorter without engaging ABS, confident that at junctions and corners the car would turn etc.

Both they and Vredestein came up a lot better than the "main" brands