What's new

Winter wheels from a CRV?

2.4_Roar

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord MKVIII 2.4
The accord has got a lot of good points but wading through snow and slush isn't one of them.

I've found this guy selling some old Honda CRV wheels on ebay that he says will fit straight on to a MK7/CL7 accord like mine but does anyone know if they will rub or cause other problems with abs or traction control etc?

Would be great to fit them and keep the normal alloys nice. Also because the CRV tyres have such a high side wall if I got the car stuck I could just let the tyres down and give it a better chance of getting out without having to reach for a shovel.

http://tiny.cc/634wqx

Yeah I think they are 15's but I thought a smaller wheel size might be a good idea because you would have a higher side wall. I just noticed how the CRV alloys seem to be a lot cheaper than the accord ones.

You might also have issue with fitment of the crv rims over the calipers of the 2.4, as they use bigger discs.

Ah that's a good shout. So they might use the same PCD but they won't actually fit. I'm glad I asked! lol Are there any cheap steel wheels from other cars that would fit the accord?

FK1 Civic 5dr 1.4, came on 16" steelies in the beginning from 2006 onwards, I'd try them before the CR-V ones.

Hello,

I have a better solution for you if you are still looking for winter wheels. I got fully refurbished16" steal wheels with good winter tires, with 7-8 mm tread on all tires. If you are still looking contact me and I will send you pictures. Price is 100 pounds.