What's new

Wipers

bijomaru

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
I just checked few websites for wipers and for 06 Accord they are giving me 22" and 18". I am quite sure this is wrong and it should be 26/16, correct? It's a right mess, some websites giving 26/15, 26/17, not much on ebay. Arrrrgh

Is 26/16 the one I want?

I think 26 & 16 is correct but may be best if you measured yours to be sure

If it is a facelift, i would personnaly just use the genuine honda ones which are alot better than aftermarket ones. They are the sleek aero flat blades from honda and because of the clip they use the arm doesnt sit up high like the retro fit aftermarket ones. Also Honda do them for £25 under the Honda Happiness at the dealer (so you will definitely get the right ones) and some people have managed to get them from the dealers for as little as £18 for the pair.

That is a good shout ! Not sure why I haven't checked Honda Happiness as I do remembered now they do actually do wipers!. Guess I need to pay them a visit then. Thanks!

No worries Rob ;)

Nothing wrong with aftermarket ones IMO and Ive used them for a while.

At £7 a set if you change them once a year its still great value for money, performance wise I cant tell the difference. Mind you it helps to have a super clean windscreen regardless if your using oem or af wipers. CJ advocates claying the windscreen and I must admit I do this once a year and always use a proper glass cleaner in my regime. This is because most good car shampoos contain wax and this causes smearing.

I like them with the little spoiler on. I guess the cheaper one don't have this. I'll stick to Honda genuine and enjoy it. Thanks for suggestions :rolleyes:

Hi Andy, the only issue I have found with the aftermarket ones are that they dont sit as low as the genuine Honda ones because of the type of bracket/clip they use. They are as effective... well some are, but mine now creates more wind noise as they sit higher, therefore I am going to go back to genuine. I am hoping I maybe able to pick up a set at the HH meet for a bit less than the Hond Happiness price :rolleyes:

Haha. Nick, I was going to pick some up last year and unfortunately they did not have them in stock :/ So this time I'll just get them in my town if I can. After all how much cheaper (if anything) they might be?

Well my local dealer isnt always the best, but if HH havent got any then I will call in mine sometime B)