What's new

Wiring 2008 7th generation tourer

BobN1895

Reaction score
Car
2.4 exec automatic
Anyone help me out with a problem. 2.4 exec estate petrol automatic. The tailgate has stopped working and so has the central locking. Power light is on on the tailgate but wont work by the front switch, rear switch or the fob. Central locking is just dead. Nothing, no lights on the control switches. A wiring diagram would be a help if anyone could help i'd very much appreciate it.

New to the mark mate. Basic fixes?
Heres the rub, I was trying to install a subwoofer in the boot. I'd spoken to a car audio guy who said I can take a power feed from the factory fir sub thats in the right side of the boot space. I found a constant feed wire and went for it but I lost the central locking and tailgate function. Re-joined the cut wire and nothing came back. Theres power getting to the tail gate as the light is on in the switch on the tailgate edge. Central locking works when the button is pressed with the ignition on but nothing with key out. Nothing from the key buttons at all.

First things first.

Remove earth lead from battery with doors locked, replace earth cable and use keyfob to unlock, disconnect battery again and then reconnect and use keyfob to lock.

You may need to do this more than once.

If no go then check fuses relating to tailgate( I think they are in the panel above the bonnet catch)

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go this afternoon and get back to you.