What's new

wobble on steering wheel

sipepguru

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th gen 2008
Hi pepz

I Recently had some 18" delta alloys from a 8th gen accord fitted to my 7th gen accord, however im getting steering wheel wobble, ive taken my car back the tyre place and they have rebalaced them, but still wobble at higher speeds.

do i need the plastic ring "sprogit" things cus ive fitted 8th gen wheels to 7th gen?

They are a straight fit what tyres are on the wheels.
Also you will need a hunter 4wheell alignment to solve this.

ive had a hunter 4wheell alignment and took it back to get that check , they said its fine.

trying to remeber the tyres, pretty sure they are 225/40/R18 but im at work so cant check.

ive had a hunter 4wheell alignment and took it back to get that check , they said its fine.

trying to remeber the tyres, pretty sure they are 225/40/R18 but im at work so cant check.
I've found wheel balancing is so hit and miss at places these days. I would put it down to wheel balancing but it can be other things too such as worn drive shafts but concentrate on the wheel balancing first.

yea, didnt have any probs before changing my wheels so dont think the root prob would be drive shafts thanks god ;-)

Should have been checked at 4wa and certainly when getting them balanced but are the wheels true? if wheel is buckled no amount of balancing is going to help. Martyn