What's new

Wobble/Vibration from rear of car

J_VTEC

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S
Hi all,

Lately I've been getting a wobble/vibration that appears to come from the rear of the car. The vibration can be felt in the drivers seat at speeds between 50 and 70mph.

I've had the wheel balancing checked and all OK. I've had the car MOT'd recently without any issues showing up and had the car checked again with nothing found.

I'm not entirely sure but the rear wheel bearings might be making a bit of noise. These have been checked and no excessive play found.

And advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

I would think it to be unlikely that the vibration comes from the rear, more likely to be the tripod joint on the inner side of the driveshaft.
Mine does the same, passenger side inner joint.

Could be barring slowly going out mine was as yours is only certain times or speeds and just not damaged enough yet to be a problem. Mines now loud af and im not willing to pay 400 to replace it yet

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

I think you could be right. My rear wheel bearings are making a bit of noise I think. Difficult to tell though over the soundtrack from my SS exhaust.

My garage says the bearings are fine and by that he probably means no play but I think they're definitely noisy.