What's new

wont accelerate past 2

blackbob

Reaction score
Car
honda accord
hi i have a honda accord year 2004 2.2 icdti when it gets warm and u come to a road junction and have to wait for 10 seconds or so it wont accelrate past 2 but if you turn the car off and wait for a few minutes its fine until the next junction

Welcome to TA bob. It's usual for new members to introduce themselves before asking for advice. :)

It sounds like your car is going into limp home mode and there's an underlying problem causing it. What mileage does it have? When was it last serviced? Any engine management lights showing? It could be a whole host of things to be honest. I'd have a full diagnostic scan completed initially and see what that picks up.

Paul, welcome, when was the fuel filter last changed and was it a genuine honda filter?

Welcome to TA bob. It's usual for new members to introduce themselves before asking for advice. :)

It sounds like your car is going into limp home mode and there's an underlying problem causing it. What mileage does it have? When was it last serviced? Any engine management lights showing? It could be a whole host of things to be honest. I'd have a full diagnostic scan completed initially and see what that picks up.
hi thanks for ur reply yhere are no management lights on i have just bought the car a few days ago it is showin 118909k on the clock and dont know when it was serviced

Paul, welcome, when was the fuel filter last changed and was it a genuine honda filter?
hi thanks for ur reply i dont know when the fuel filter was changed i have justed bought the car a few days ago

Did it not come with a service history of any kind?

Please read the advise for new owners in the various pinned threads. Our diesels are very touchy when it comes to maintenance.

You might also want to check the various other threads about sluggish performance and hesitations.

welcome along mate where did you buy the car you need to no the service history.

hi thanks for ur reply i dont know when the fuel filter was changed i have justed bought the car a few days ago

There's your answer then mate.

Welcome along Paul,

The guys have already pointed out the most likely suspect in all your woes. You really could do with finding out what has been done on the car previously, if you have nothing, then I'm afraid the best advice will to be to either do a service yourself or get a service done. It is relatively easy to do some of the servicing yourself, compared to some other cars.

You need to ensure a genuine Bosch fuel filter is used and 0w-30 oil is put in, together with getting the air filter replaced as a minimum. It is a very good engine if looked after, please don't be drawn into the "it will do mentality" as in all honesty whilst a very rewarding engine it is also a bit of a diva especially on the fuel filter.