What's new

wont start

airt

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2 diesel
Hello ll its me again we have removed all the fuel and replaced it still didnt start then we got the injectors tested and still wont start,when we replaced the fuel the car started and ran but wiuldnt start again , had the car plugged in and they told us number 3 injecror was faulty not according to diesel expert 2006 car 0nly 39000 miles .Anyone please help honda said it needed injectors,was suggested the high preasure pump would be likely,any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Airt

A Honda that doesnt start?!? dam man what you done!

Oh wait you should have got a petrol, that will always start!

Seriously though theres a good chance that the ECU is getting mixed messages, have you reset it? Failing that I think the injectors can go on the diesels so you might need to buy new, it might be covered on warranty

Never seen this before on the i-CTDI.

Is the car with a main dealer or private garage? What is the specific ECU error message/s you are are getting? Has the car been misfuelled with petrol at any point?

I'm ***uming its been mis-fuelled right? If so it would have had to be a good amount of unleaded and then driven. Then it will be fuel system related as your mechanic suggests.

Just an update for you all and to say thanks took car to a man this morning that works with fuel systems took a pair of plyers with him and in two seconds told me the problem high presure sensor on the fuel rail at the drivers side of the engine I tested the one on the other end .hope this might be useful to some one else,and a lesson for me Honda charged a ransom to tell me what I had told them and change the filter.Dealers and computers dont know everything yet thank God.Thanks to everyonr for youre help.

Hi mate, glad you got it sorted. That's very interested and I've definitely never heard of that error before.

Any chance of a picture of the item and it's location?

Hi mate, glad you got it sorted. That's very interested and I've definitely never heard of that error before.

Any chance of a picture of the item and it's location?
Hello F6HAD as you can Im not very good at these machines but I will get the correct info on the switch and lit you know .

Hello F6HAD just back today sorry Im not good at the pictures but I will try to explain where this valae is .On the fuel rail where the injector pipes bolt on. On the right hand side there is a big valve with an electricial terminal and on the left hand side there is just a nut head this is the valve just have to slaken rail and pipework and it will come out.Im sorry if this is abad description but Im doing my best. Thanks for your help Airt

Thanks Airt, I can't picture that in my mind but it almost sounds like you're describing the fuel filter!

But I'll look out for it next time I'm under the bonnet.