What's new

Would go from CDTI to VTEC ?

justa

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S
Hi all

At some stage in the future I will swap my Accord for a facelift version - not thinking about it soon though

Obviously the Petrols are quite a lot cheaper and I love the look of the 2.0 Type S - I know its a question thats been asked a lot before but would there be a massive difference going from a (re-mapped) CDTI to a 2.0 VTEC ?

I don't think I could stomach the thirst of the 2.4...

thanks !

Justin, in a word - YES ;)

You can't even compare a stock diesel to the 2.0 (no offence to the 2.0 boys).

OK mate I take it back ;)

I need to agree with Pepster. Diesel make you feel faster but petrol actualy is faster ;). In my personal opinion there isn't big mpg gap between 2.0 and 2.4.

Petrol for ever.

i am definately a confirmed petrol adict, however the weasels have there place - fuel economy being the biggest benefit but they are also a touch more relaxed to drive thanks to those torques, though the 2.4 goes some way to address this over the 2.0. fuel economy wise as has been sad before if your doing the miles deisel makes a lot of sense.

I need to agree with Pepster. Diesel make you feel faster but petrol actualy is faster ;). In my personal opinion there isn't big mpg gap between 2.0 and 2.4.

Petrol for ever.

I'm not taking the bait. Been through this too many times before...

Easiest way to decide, go and drive one and make up your own mind.

LOL the great petrol / diesel debate

Well Justin you are perfectly placed you have already driven diesel re-mapped so all you've got to do is drive to 2.0S good luck !

Depends on how long you've had the diesel, but I at least find when I drive the Mrs petrol accord, is that I want to change gear far too soon and feel as if I have to rev the pistons out of it! It is not that it hasn't got the power or anything it is just a different way of driving.

Could do with seeing if you could hire one for the day or find a dealer that may let you take a long test drive.

Personally I couldn't rule out going back to petrol, but it would have to be something special to tempt me

sorry - didn't want to open up the old debate - i know there are some petrol heads that would never buy a diesel and vice versa

i was just wondering how noticable the difference was in performance. Whenever I drive a petrol car now (unless it has a turbo on it or it is a big engine) it feels flat and lifeless...

I think the torque figure for the 2.0 vtec is quite impressive but still less than half that of a remapped diesel.

Perhaps some kind chap/chappess will take me out in there vtec at the HH meet !