What's new

X-Car Link only recognises 16 playlists

rob_86

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4
Hi guys,

Quick question - I have added 18 playlists to my SD card that I use with xcar link, however I can only select up to 16 when I am in the car. Is this something anyone else has found at all? I've named them all the same, so 17 is "CD17" just like "CD16"

Thanks guys,

Rob

You've ht the limit. 16 folders of 99 tracks (from memory?) is as much as it can see.

Why do you guys mess about with these playlists etc? Surely and adaptor fitted where you simply plug your ipod in and use the controls on the ipod to navigate through the music is the way to go?

maybe not everyone feels the need to absolutely own a apple device lol

Thanks guys, for some reason I thought I could go to 99 playlists. The reason for not going for the ipod version is that I only have an iphone and don't like the idea of it charging every time I put it in the adapter - I'm one of those sad people that only charges their devices when they are near to, or completely empty on battery life - I keep getting told that it doesn't matter with modern batteries, but I'm much happier using the SD card with the phone only used when someone calls me... or to listen to podcasts that I don't put onto the SD card.