What's new

xcarlink and IOS5

dinoc

Members
Reaction score
Car
2008 Accord Type-S
Hi guys,

Have you noticed any issue with your xcarlink and iphone with IOS5 ?

I have 2 iphones, a 3GS and an Iphone 4 (upgraded recently to IOS5) and the 3GS works fine with xcarlink interface and also the Iphone 4 as I recall, worked fine in IOS4.

But now the Iphone 4 (after upgrading it to IOS5) is not working properly anymore, keeps playing the same song (from the Top Rated playlist ) and when trying to play next/previous another song, is keep playing the same song from the beginning.

Has anyone else encounter this issue ?

No issues here with IOS5. Try a hard reset when it's connected (Home button and screen off button for about 15s).

although I don't have IOS5 but my friend have and he also noticed issues while playing songs when Iphone was connected through jack ( earphone socket) but when changed connection via this socket when you plug in charger everything is ok so maybe that will help.

after several resets of the iphone 4 I've managed to solve the issue, tough don't know what was wrong.

They aren't called Crapple Macs for nothing ;)

Although in all seriousness theres a list of bugs as long as my arm for IoS5 chiefly among them are several security flaws and 20% drop in battery life, Apple are slowly fixing them so I shouldn't be overly concerned. If anyone else has an issue like this i'd give it a month and try again ***uming you don't find a fix elsewhere.

Apple? Bugs? Fanboys keep going on about how reliable and fantastic Apple is because it is a closed shop.... :lol: yeah right :D. they didn't even get IOS4 to work properly (well not on my Touch anyway).

No probs running iOS5 on my iPhone 4. Only bug I've heard of is the battery problem, which seems to be linked to location services.