What's new

Xcarlink cable routing

dode4444

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2.2
I am planning on doing the xcarlink install on my 2006 sport tonight or tomorrow, I have bought a xcarlink kit and have seen the guides on here on how to do it although these are with the nav models and mine doesn't have nav.

My question is where's the best place to route the cable? Is there anywhere I can put it for easy access without drilling holes in the centre console etc. I have bought the one for an iPhone/iPod and have also purchased a 30 pin to lightning connector.

Thanks.

Same boat as you mate. have you managed to do it?
I want to install Xcarlink on mine aswell will do over this weekend.

I installed xcarlink, but I just drilled a little hole at the back of the lower compartment from which I feed the wire and the xcarlink sits in it. I now find the xcarlink link gets in the way of things I put in there like my phone. My plan though is to take it apart again and keep the xcarlink block permanently behind the console and just feed a female USB and 3.5mm jack at the base entry.

Not sure if you've tried re-installing yet, but my solution was to take out the removable part of the ashtray and sit the xcarlink in there. I don't smoke, so no need for the ashtray, and with the lid closed you wouldn't know it was there. Then using 2m long cables, run the leads out of the back of the stereo, under the steering column, then pop them out of the spare port hole next to the VSA button and light adjustment. My phone holder is in the corner of the windscreen so can pop the leads in from there.

It was a little fiddly to feed the wires, but other than where they come out you wouldn't know it was there. And with the xcarlink still accessible from the ashtray, the leads can be changed for a spare one for any passengers easily.