What's new

xcarlink fit! now gps problem!

budredz

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord i cdti
I fitted a xcarlink kit with no problems and put dash back together, reconnected battery and fired it up and the gps screen came up about searching for gps signal 10 mins blah blah then went on to unable to locate signal screen and thats it!, i read that disconnecting battery for 30 mins would clear gps data but all i got when connected was the same problem unable to locate gps, i read also that it could take up to 45 mins to locate so i left it for over an hour and nothing, is there something i have done ie is there a gps aerial cable that i need to check and is the aerial under the rear shelf in that plastic box or is this normal for a first start up, im not in a built up area either!!

any advice please or does anyone have a magic gps fairy they can throw my way :)

An obvious first question is are you sure you plugged everything back in. I know on a couple of occasions I`ve left something unplugged. I think the GPS antenna is a small square box under the top cover

I got no SATNAV but first time I fitted my xcarlink i somehow managed to trap a wire between dvd bracket. The result? No sound coming out whatsoever. Being wise guy I of course put everything together before trying it out...After dismantling it all again and moving offending wire half inch down sound was back again. So I recon you have to do the same, take it apart again and double check. Dan

I reckon you have missed a small connector on the back of the DVD unit. Easily done.

Thought i had connected all back together but never say never, take it apart again it is then lol, while im here i have a question , on the dash at the front near the windscreen is a round "thing" that looks like a sensor or something, what is it!!!

yep all sorted, a gremlin must of broke into the car and climbed in and unplugged a cable on the back of the dvd unit, theres no way i didnt plug it in, me never oh no no no no :rolleyes: :D

Glad your sorted Mark thanks for the feedback.