What's new

xcarlink install question

andyp

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 accord 2.2 exec
HI all

just to confirm before i order and rip into the dash: does the navi unit on my 06 ex with the inbuilt 6 changer have the spare external changer socket (needed for the link i think) on the back of the head unit.
i have seen the civic forum link for the 07 accord but i just want to be double sure before i go for it.
many thanks in advance
Andy

Hello Andy, the unit will have an aux port. Select the right year and model on xcarlink and you will be fine. I run the xcarlink in my car, 05 Exec with Nav

Thanks very much for the reply Iron Man ,just needed a to double check before taking the plunge.

By the way don't suppose you or anybody knows if using the link will still be fine even though the inbuilt changer is bust (just shows err when selected) but i ***ume that being on the aux setting this will have no effect.

thanks again

Andy

Its a seperate unit so has no bearing on CD player.

Whats up with the cd player anyway? Have you tried a cleaner? Also sometimes copy discs just don't work well if your using them.

Thanks man ,the 5 disks in it are all original but wont cycle,eject or even load number 6. it used to make a noise as if it was trying to do something but now its silent and just shows err on the top dash display when cd/aux button is pressed.
Not really fussed with it as long as the i pod link works ill be more than happy.

cheers

well hopefully when you connect to the Aux port it will flick to the xcarlink

Link fitted today and all works ok very pleased also beats a expensive cd changer fix or replace

result !

Nice work pal. Now just get a decent playlist and your rocking