What's new

Xcarlink or Yatour for 6-disc in dash premium sound system

TheVDM

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer EX
Hi all,

I'm looking into adding an Xcarlink or Yatour style device to my stereo for playing MP3's via USB or SD.

I have noticed that pretty much all of them state that they wont work with the stereos that have an in dash 6-Disc changer. My 54 plate accord tourer has the premium sound system (non nav) with the built in 6-Disc CD changer, although having looked under it a while back I noticed it does have one of the white sockets that would fit the cable supplied with the Xcarlink and also an AUX button on the front.

Also with the Xcarlink, will it display the track ***le on the stereo's LCD?

Does anybody have any advice on which one would work?

Cheers
Jim

Hey Jim, all of em will work fine with 6cd premium head . No any of em can display track ***le , since its ext cd changer emulator it will display CD number ( folder where u put files ) and track nmbr ( 1, 3 , 7 and so on )

You can try DMC 9088, nice unit and cost around 35 bux + ship . I sold and installed around 50 if em and use same since 2008.

http://www.dmc9088.com/en/products.html mail em , collect 2-3 chaps to save on shipping . EMS will be around 30-40 bux for 2-3 units without package.

good luck bro.

Hi mate I opted for the grom audio kit and was impressed with it mines a tourer with nav and it just fitted into the spare white socket on the back of the unit.I just went for the basic kit and used the guides on here from people who fitted X car link to install it I think the grom aux input kit was about 60 quid and has been really good so far and the cd changer still works.