What's new

Xcarlink question

Uncle_Gravy

Members
Reaction score
Car
09 Accord CU2 Manual
So i'm on my 3rd week of ownership with my Accord, and now i'm missing the ability to AUX/Bluetooth my phone to the Car, I've had a good look around on how to do it with the Automatic Car with no nav and no CD changer, with the big storage compartment (That doesn't open properly anymore) under the heater controls, but can't seem to see any results.

Then I came across this - http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/ipod_install_1.htm The only difference I can see is, his car has Window Controls on the unit instead of the Door and no leather Gaitor.

Anyone with the Autobox, no nav/Cd Changer know if this is the correct way to do this?

I would test, but i'm in work at the minute.

Also one more question, Any alternatives to Xcarlink, I would like the Bluetooth functionallity, but not at £125, even £83 for the USB/SD/AUX is a little extreme imo.

Cheers.

Edit

It literally is just pull the faux carbon fibre trim up and the screws are visable, You do need to give some force for the clips to let go, but just go for it, they quite strong I found.

Just to add on to my previous post,

I've bit the bullet, and should expect my xcarlink to be delivered today, Another quick question, where has everyone with the device put it, ideally I would like it in the centre storage box, which I would have to drill into, but avoiding the drill, what are my other options?

Cheers.