What's new

Xcarlink

AARON

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord ADAS
If I purchase a Xcarlink for my 2003 CL9 with satnav. Will I need a splitter cable. and if so why?

I don`t know why you would need a splitter cable or what a cl9 is but I fitted an xcarlink to my Accord diesel and as far as I can remember (it was 4 years ago) as long as you specify its for an Accord it just plugs straight into the back of the satnav screen and works

If I purchase a Xcarlink for my 2003 CL9 with satnav. Will I need a splitter cable. and if so why?

It will plug straight into the back of your stanav unit mate providing you specified the right model. You will however need to remove the satnav unit etc to get to it.

Just been outbid on ebay. It sold for £55. Oh well, I guess I will have to buy a brand new one.

Yep it was used, so I wasn't really too bothered about being outbid. It had the Bluettoth option, which I don't need as I recently installed an IO Play in my car.
If anyone is thinking of installing a handsfree kit in their car, look at at IO Play as another option to the usual Parrot kits. I bought mine new on Ebay for £48. It does all the usual stuff (plays through all four speakers), and I can stream music from my phone and play it through the car stereo.

look at at IO Play as another option to the usual Parrot kits. I can stream music from my phone and play it through the car stereo.

Did you have to get a specific Honda harness for it to integrate with the factory stereo?

I had to get a Autoleds 06-47b relay harness. Cost about £30, but of course I found one on ebay for £9. An easy install, but you have to take out the radio if you have the model with sat nav. I think with your car ,the socket can be accessed from under the stereo. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.