What's new

xcarlink

Dale Phelan

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th gen 2.4ex man tr
Has anybody done the xcarlink mod to play dvds on the nav screen? Is it worth doing? My lad sits up front with me and weve got a yorkshire to cornwall holiday in the six week hols and thinking about my sanity lol

Nope, but someone on here may have.

I'd just pop some films and games on a tablet/iPad for him.

Just seen this tread I got the Honda Accord Odyssey Multimedia Video Interface for iPod Video And DVD Players for my 8gen and it works great got it from ebay but can't find the link to the exact one I bought but it plugs into the back of the sat nav unit in the boot and comes with a toggle switch to go from the video input screen back to the sat nav car screen and for audio you have to use the aux input,I use my iPod Classic for the video source works really well il try take video to show you it working

Hi, just come across this whilst searching for a solution as really want to get this for my type s. Are there any further details as to where I could source this solution?

Cheers

I just bought the xCarLink Multimedia Video Interface - http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=160&cat=3&page=1

The adapter for the unit plugs in at the back of the sat nav dvd module in the boot which is straightforward enough. I am not sure where to connect the 12v, 12v ACC and Ground cables. I can't find any info to tell me what each of the pins in the back of the sat nav module are for.

Where did you connect the power cables for xCarLink unit?