What's new

Xenon D2S

Rinesh

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Executive
Hello guys,

My xenon beam is not working on one (left)side. I changed the D2S bulb and it still did not work. So it maybe the ballast or ignitor i think.
Is it possible to read it out through HDS by a honda dealer?
This may be an expensive fix i have heard, because these parts are above €250 each at the dealer.
Anyone experienced this or some tips?

Have you checked the fuses

Have not checked the fuses, but i thought that both would not work if it would be a fuse...

Update: Fuse blown. Changed it but even that one blowed. So now im a little confused what it could be...

***uming the ballasts are the same on each side, you could swap them over to prove if it is a ballast fault. Not sure how easy it is to get to the ballasts, but the www.LingsHondaParts.co.uk website should show you the exploded view of the headlamp ***embly (you'll probably need to sign up for an account, but it's worth it!).

Rinesh, both sides of headlights have separate fuses. Manufacturers do this on purpose so you have some light in case something is wrong. This sounds like a faulty D2S bulb to me that is blowing the fuses. Take the bulb out and inspect it before getting ripped by a dealer. Swap the bulbs around and see what happens.

J4JAV said:
Rinesh, both sides of headlights have separate fuses. Manufacturers do this on purpose so you have some light in case something is wrong. This sounds like a faulty D2S bulb to me that is blowing the fuses. Take the bulb out and inspect it before getting ripped by a dealer. Swap the bulbs around and see what happens.
thanks for the tip. Thats a good one i did not thought about. Will do it tomorrow and let u guys know

No problem Rinesh, if you do need new bulbs give me a shout as we sell them and you get 10% off too...

i used another d2s after changing the fuse. Even that one blowed...
So now ithink it must be the ballast or ignitor. Im trying to avoid buying a new one from the dealer. Im thinking to buy this full replacement kit from ebay. So i get rid of the honda hid system (ballast+ ignitor). What do u guys think. This seems like a good option to me..
Link:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/35w-Hid-Ballast-kit-D2-replacement-for-Honda-Accord-/170700976926?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27be92331e

If your going to go down that route then you best off just get a complete kit. Aftermarket xenon HIDs will never match OEM xenons so if your going to do it then I would suggest doing both of them.

Yes, Im going to do both of them with a complete kit. Though not getting it from ebay, was able to order a similar one here in netherland, so may have it tommorow. I will update you guys if it was a good choice...

Update: Today i my local garage changed the stock ballast and ignitor with an aftermarket set i bought. Everything seems so work fine. Changed both side (just in case..)
So a good tip: If u dont want to spend a lot of money by bying an OEM ballast or ignitor from the dealer, then going the aftermarket way is the best option.

Kind regards,
Rinesh

Hi Rinesh. I am having the same problem like you. The left side worn't work. How much did it cost you in the end to get jot sorted?

Cheers
Ash

Hi ash,
The fusebox under the bonnet is the place to look (next to air filter box). On the cover of the fusebox you can see which fuse to look for.The cost was about 75euros i think, but i replaced both sides. This is excluding labour. If u are handy then you could do it at your own.