What's new

YAW Rate Senor issue..

bacardi

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2.2 i-ctdi
Hi , i've owned Accord 2004 ictdi Exec, on jumped diagnostic got trouble code 25 which is Yaw Rate Sensor (causing VSA and triangle with ! to stay permanently on). Seems to be everything clear replace the unit and the issue is solved but the main problem is to find it's location.
Googled quite a lot to find where is that unit fitted, but no success.. found on this forum it supposed to be under center console in front near the SRS unit, but nothing similar .. just SRS unit and cd player sound amplifier... any thoughts where it might be fitted ? Thanks​

Hi , i've owned Accord 2004 ictdi Exec, on jumped diagnostic got trouble code 25 which is Yaw Rate Sensor (causing VSA and triangle with ! to stay permanently on). Seems to be everything clear replace the unit and the issue is solved but the main problem is to find it's location.
Googled quite a lot to find where is that unit fitted, but no success.. found on this forum it supposed to be under center console in front near the SRS unit, but nothing similar .. just SRS unit and cd player sound amplifier... any thoughts where it might be fitted ? Thanks​

I thought this was the white/grey plastic box between the rear wheels?? I you look under the car towards the rear of it you should see a white/grey plastic box. Let me see if I can dig out a photo.

It appears that it's under a passenger/driver seat (depending if you are RHD/LHD)

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-problems-fixes/59450-vsa-sensor-replaced-1-000-a-2.html

vsalocations.jpg

Now what is that white box at the rear???? :)

It appears that it's under a passenger/driver seat (depending if you are RHD/LHD)

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-problems-fixes/59450-vsa-sensor-replaced-1-000-a-2.html

vsalocations.jpg

Now what is that white box at the rear???? :)

Turned out that TSX is not so identical vehicle, found no yaw rate sensor under a passenger seat, but took everything out under cd player at the bottom and found it behind SRS unit .. will have to go for second hand one as a brand new yaw rate sensor cost £650 ... that's maaaaaddd. Thanks for help anyway :)

All sorted, replaced yaw rate sensor taken out of ictdi tourer(same numbers thought) and after vsa memorization all lights gone (VSA and Triangle). Wooohooo ... Only left airbag issue trouble code 51... isn't it driver side buckle ? cuz it's working alright can't understand how it's related to code 51.. any thoughts? From other source it states to be motor lock, what is it ?

Thanks for this info. I raised the yaw rate sensor problem in Jan on another topic but as the weather got warmer, the VSA light stopped coming on. It definitely seemed to be temperature dependent as on cold mornings (6.30 am) it would come on and remain on until the outside temperature warmed and the engine was restarted. It has not been on now since March.

As my MOT is due in Nov, as a precaution I got a replacement sensor off Ebay from a scap yard for £50 with the correct reference 39960-SEF-0030 which came off an 04 Tourer. Like you I had hunted everywhere for it. The (American) workshop manual (below) showed it somewhere in the centre so I removed the centre console and satnav dvd player (but not the SRS? box at the bottom which wasn't on the diagram) but couldn't see it anywhere. I have also had both sides of the under dash area out and the passenger seat (only a side impact sensor in the sill) without success.

I'll have to have another look under the DVD player again.

Incidentally the DTC codes I posted on the earlier topic don't completely work so I have refreshed the images and also reproduced below.

YawRateSensorworkshopmanual.jpg

DTCCodes11-25.jpg

DTCCodes26-56.jpg

DTCCodes61-81.jpg

DTCCodes83-124.jpg