What's new

yellow engine light

JAPIMPORT

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 ACCORD SE
yellow engine light came on today,anyone have any thoughts on what it could be,ive replaced the cat a couple of months ago,ive reset it and it came back on again,anyone know what common problems make the engine light come on,thanks in advance

What code came up mate? Impossible to say otherwise.

As Dan said fella or have a good search in the 6th gen section.But without the codes your just guessing really

yellow engine light came on today,anyone have any thoughts on what it could be,ive replaced the cat a couple of months ago,ive reset it and it came back on again,anyone know what common problems make the engine light come on,thanks in advance

Same happened to mine just after I bought it. Turned out to be the EGR. Cleaned it. there is a very detailed post on the forum. give yourself about 2 hours on the 1.8. the guys with the 2.0's had it done in the hour but in the 1.8 I had to remove the fuel rail and injectors to get to the plate. If you do it it is important you clean the plate and the ports as well as the EGR valve. It made a huge difference to how mine drove.

First try cleaning the EGR plate and valve. That might solve it. But it would defo be an idea to get the code read.

But if you've replaced the cat recently, i reckon it'll be the O2 sensors. If it is one of them. It's best to replace both at the same time. This is a common problem with the 6th gen accord.

thanks for the help lads,ive cleaned the egr plate and valve when i replaced the cat,im leaning towards the sensors probably gone,i didnt get the codes read yet,as my local garage is looking for 30 euro to tell me the codes, so im going to buy a code scanner tool,only thing is i havent a clue what type to buy,does anyone have any recomendations on what i should buy,ive seen some on ebay but not sure which one to buy,thanks again for your help

To be honest mate i have no idea either but have been looking into buying one and it just seems that as long as you order one that has the software to read your car then you'll be fine. Or maybe go down to a local friendly garage and ask them if they can recommend a brand, or maybe even a specific one.