What's new

You all need to watch this.

luvmyaccord

6th & Type R Mod
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type R
Well, here's the answer for you.

A polish, wax and seal are always needed after a wash, but here's the best way to clean the car in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjWkB_q2lE

So the best way is a clean sponge, appropriate drying cloth (not one of them blade things) and elbow grease. Surprise!!!!

So the best way is a clean sponge, appropriate drying cloth (not one of them blade things) and elbow grease. Surprise!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Sponges are awful for car cleaning, they hold all the grit and dirt (that you can't see) in the holes of the sponge, then rub them across the paint, you need a microfibre or lambswool wash mitt, cleaned after use and never dropped on the floor, plus ideally 2 buckets so you can rinse the dirty mitt in fresh water before re dipping in suds - otherwise your sud bucket gets filled with dirt you're trying to clean off!

I never realised how bad the plastic blade was for my car paint. I'll make sure one never touches the paint of my car.

Good find Si that is shocking just shows that washing your own car is always the best way.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Sponges are awful for car cleaning, they hold all the grit and dirt (that you can't see) in the holes of the sponge, then rub them across the paint, you need a microfibre or lambswool wash mitt, cleaned after use and never dropped on the floor, plus ideally 2 buckets so you can rinse the dirty mitt in fresh water before re dipping in suds - otherwise your sud bucket gets filled with dirt you're trying to clean off!
Trev that's what I was eluding too just couldn't be bothered to write all that out. :lol:

My point is doing it yourself and taking the time, effort and care is always going to be better than paying someone or something else to do it for you that doesn't car about your car.

Sponges aren't so bad if you use the two bucket method
I agree with this in principle, but i've lost count of the amount of people i know who will just take a sponge (even using the 2 bucket method) to a DRY CAR!!!! It actually makes me cry inside to see this.

I'm glad that people have found the video useful though.

Iv got a confession to make :( it was a moment of lazyness and madness, I used a bp Car wash the other day :eek: and it has left scratches and swirl marks everywhere. I know what you guys are going to say, I should have known better :( its left marks all over the car. If anyone is planning on using one (weather its 50p or not) PLEASE DONT USE THEM, ITS REALLY BAD, and now IV got the task of getting all the nasty scratches and swirls out. So please don't use them, IV learnt the hardway :(

Suffy NNNNOOOOOOOOO. But at least you've learnt your lesson dude B)

I will watch that again when I'm out of the bath, but I think I know that hand job place, and if I'm right, they were lucky they got off that lightly.

Suffy NNNNOOOOOOOOO. But at least you've learnt your lesson dude B)

tell me about bro... :( man talk about marks on the body....and the weather aint helping,i wanted to clean the cruiser up but its sunny the gloomy then sunny........