What's new

you need to see this!

james2512

Members
Reaction score
Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus
Guys,

I took a gamble and ordered a auto mirror folding kit from the net! 3 weeks and it arrived this morning all the way from Thialand. They pre sent me the fitting instructions and I had a little look at the wiring on the back of the window switch to see if it was the same....... sure enough it is. See what you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx5zFOSDVoA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I will load up the fitting instruction soon that came with it an do a little write up as I had to change one of the wire locations. I've temp put the cable in between the drive and passenger switch as I wan to get some wiring loom conduit from work to make it look much more factory fit.

Can the mod please delete the duplicate posts??? Damn computer!

This is ACE James!

Do you have a link to the said ebay seller and product?

Eagerly look forward to your write up :D

Great mod that, perhaps you can post the link for the kit so people can have a look.

Great mod this mate, so you have to click twice to unfold/fold mirrors? That is great for cold mornings

The unit it programmable for one click or 2. If you don't open them with the key as soon as you turn the key to acc they unfold. The button in the car works perfect to.

The seller isn't on eBay...... put I will post the details in a mo.

Awesome I'm going to get this

The unit it programmable for one click or 2. If you don't open them with the key as soon as you turn the key to acc they unfold. The button in the car works perfect to.

That is a nice bit of kit indeed. Great find and fit mate

Simply cool shop.com

Contact - Kittitat D

Email - contact@simplycoolshop.com

Item - SMC 8th Gen Honda Accord.

Cost - $53 including shipping. So approx £35.

Really easy to deal with and they send you a tracking no. For the item.

That is well cool.. reminds me of my old car where I could close the windows and sunroof with the remote....

IMG01275-20120218-2032.jpg

IMG01274-20120218-2032.jpg

IMG01273-20120218-2032.jpg

IMG01272-20120218-2031.jpg

IMG01271-20120218-2031.jpg

IMG01270-20120218-2031.jpg

IMG01269-20120218-2030.jpg

IMG01267-20120218-1516.jpg

IMG01266-20120218-1444.jpg

IMG01265-20120218-1442.jpg

IMG01264-20120218-1441.jpg

Why won't the pics show up?

Why won't the pics show up?
Fixed them for you mate. You can't just add the link, you need to use the editing bar and insert them as an image

Ah cheers Shabz, I'm using the I pad an its not good for this.

Did get many pics as I was to excited to wire the unit up. You will see 4th pic from bottem (door lock control) rather than splice the loom I found it easier to go straight to the plug. This is where the wire colour is different.

The instructions say 2.1 light green is + door unlocking but I found after a little test with meter that the black is the right wire as there is no light green.

James,

Does everything else still work as normal? i.e. the passenger mirror going in to dipped when reverse is selected, mirror heaters etc?

How long did it take you to fit?

Brilliant! wonder if they do one for the 7th Gen! :)

James,

Does everything else still work as normal? i.e. the passenger mirror going in to dipped when reverse is selected, mirror heaters etc?

How long did it take you to fit?

Everything works a treat. It took me about 1 an half hours. I thought of a little trick to pull the wires through the passenger door without taking the door skin off! A nice long bit of bendable plastic.

Love to do it but looks way too complicated for me!

This looks great. I really don't know why Honda didn't implement this themselves as standard, at least on the EX.

I've sent the enquiry email off this afternoon.

Love to do it but looks way too complicated for me!

Honest its its not too hard to do! Its more about cutting the honda wiring loom that made me a little nervy. Unfortunatly due to the wiring system on the accord you have to send 2 wires from the drivers door to the passenger one as the mirror switch on the car is not actually connected to the mirrors! From my understanding of the wiring drawings the mirror switch commands the drivers window switch which in turn commands the passenger window switch then to the mirror!

Rather than try and force a wire all the way through the car I found it easier to run the wire under body panels and under the bonet, I have to get some engine wiring loom conduit from work and then ill post pictures up of the routing.

Go for it, It took a short amount of time to fit!

This looks great. I really don't know why Honda didn't implement this themselves as standard, at least on the EX.

I've sent the enquiry email off this afternoon.

Nice! It is rather neat an keeps the accord tech gadget wise up with newer cars!

I've just had the email back from SimplyCoolShop.com. Here are the details:

I am pleased to quote you the price as follows:

1 set of SMC, mirror control unit with 1 year warranty is US$65.
1 set of SMC, mirror control unit with 2 weeks warranty is US$43.

The product is 100% tested. If there is any problem with in warranty period,
you can send it back and we will responsible for shipping back cost.

Shipping cost to UK is US$12

#James2512: I ***ume from the price you paid that you went for the two weeks warranty option.

I've just had the email back from SimplyCoolShop.com. Here are the details:

#James2512: I ***ume from the price you paid that you went for the two weeks warranty option.

I did indeed Russ, my view is that its £35 which you would struggle to get back from them....

Guys,

This morning whilst the weather has been kind I have fully installed a made wiring loom between the driver and passenger door.

As mentioned before I decided to go around an under the bonnet rather then break the water tight seal of the cars interior and then mess about with the dash. So pics below, I used 2 core heat resistant cable which has a flexible screen inside. To cover the wire I have used flexible black sock which grips the cable when pulled tight.
IMG01281-20120221-1212.jpg

IMG01282-20120221-1212.jpg

IMG01280-20120221-1212.jpg

IMG01279-20120221-1211.jpg

IMG01278-20120221-1211.jpg

IMG01277-20120221-1211.jpg

IMG01276-20120221-1211.jpg

IMO routing the cable this way is easiest and avoids damage to the car, also the inner door jams/wing have perfect gap to slide the cable through out of sight.

img217p.jpg
[/URL][/img]

hi. i like this mod. i buy from civiinfo one kit, but for civic, and i try to fit... at today is failed.
i see your photo by plug block-door and is so different on my car... accord i-dtec by 2009