What's new

04 ex

Connor

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0i ex
Car had just started lockin the car by itself the other day. Had it a while now and its just started doing this for no reason.
I do not like it, any ideas how to turn it off as i only have 1 key thanks

If you don't open a door or boot within 30 seconds they automatically re-lock, could be related to that ?

But it never done it before lol i used to leave it for hours opened and it always stayed open. Only have 1 key for it and i leave them in it all the time. Is there anyway to turn it off it never done it before

Sorry I cant help you Connor, I have only had my Accord a few weeks and still finding my way around it. Plus I'm a bit long in the tooth for all this modern electricery, haven't even got a smart phone ! Hopefully by bringing this up again one of the clued up guys on here will help you. ;)

Funny, but my '04 self locked for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

The wife's '01 civic has always done it.
It will only do it if all the doors, boot and sunroof are fully shut though. Leave one half clicked shut and it won't do it.

I'd read the manual if I were you. Haven't read minentire yet, but with my old Subaru Legacy, you could turn the feature on or off, so the Honda may well be the same?

If you get out of the car and you do not lock the car (with the key in the lock, or using the remote) then the car should not lock itself.
However, if you do lock the car (with the key in the lock, or using the remote) and then come back and unlock it, if you don't open any doors, it will lock itself again after about 30 seconds. In this case, since no doors have been opened, then there can't be any keys in the car from when it was unlocked.