What's new

100k Service.... What to watch out for

Vengeance52

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord
Hi all,

My accord is about to hit the 100K mark so it will be due a service soon enough. Im wondering is there anything extra that I need to watch out for on this service.

Now unfortunately im in Ireland so a bit of a trek for me to get HH to service it for me ;) and the nearest Honda garage to me in Cavan has now stopped servicing cars. Is the 100k service ok for an independent mechanic to deal with?

Any feedback is welcome. Car is 2004 CL7 Accord i-CTDI

Cheers
Matt

Matt it's a CN1 (if its a saloon) not a CL7.

I wouldn't bother with the Honda service schedule and just maintain your own regime. If they haven't been done, just do the lot and use genuine Honda parts and any decent independant garage:

0w/30 oil and filter
Fuel Filter
Air Filter
Transmission fluid

And if necessary

Brake Fluid
Clutch Fluid
Engine Coolant.

I love this forum :p

Cheers F6HAD. Then is just a case of the usual service. Great stuff as I was worried I needed it take it to a honda garage for 100k mark which could cos an arm and a leg.

Brake fluid I want changed as brakes starting to feel spongy and soft. How would you know if clutch fluid need to be replaced?

Thanks
Matt

If it still goes into gear easy enough and doesnt crunch then clutch fluid is probably OK. Dont think its that hard to do though as if you are doing the brakes, then you will already have the fluid.

Also if you have ever had an exhaust manifold replaced then the coolant should have been replaced then as well as it has to be drained to change it.

Some times 3rd is a little sticky getting it into gear, but I dont notice any crunch when changing gears?

Would I be better off just replacing it while brakes are getting done, or just leave it be.

Never had the manifold replaced as long as I had the car so not sure about coolant.

At 100k miles and 7 years old, I would suggest having the coolant done too.

The notchy 3rd might be resolved with the transmission fluid change but I would do the clutch fluid too.

Perfect.

Cheers lads. I now have my to do list for the servicing.

0w/30 oil and filter
Fuel Filter
Air Filter
Transmission fluid

Brake Fluid
Clutch Fluid
Engine Coolant.

Brake Pads - Maybe Discs
Paint Brake Callipers if changing discs (this is a maybe depending on time)

She will feel lovely after all that mate, why not DIY and get your hands dirty. It will even more rewarding and it's really easy to do on your own (except maybe the clutch and brake fluid).

id love to do some stuff myself but unfortunately I have absolutely no tools to work with. I had to build an Argos wooden compter desk few weeks back with my shoe and a book :p

Plus my accord is my baby and I rather she be in experience hands :D

Just make sure the garage uses 0/30 or take your own for them to change and make sure they use genuine fuel, air and oil filter!

I always supply the oil as once I directed a garage to use OW30 and they used whatever came to hand.

Saw it on the bill they used the wrong stuff and I went mental and they didnt care so I always bring my own :)