What's new

125k service

ChrisR

Reaction score
Car
2006 i-CTDi Sport
Hi Guys

My first visit to the forum but I was previously on THAOC. Forum looks great so well done to those who are responsible.

My Accord is due it's 125k service and my local Honda dealer initially wanted 325 incl VAT before coming down immediately to £270 incl VAT when I expressed concerns about the price.

This seems steep bearing in mind the last service was a major service (112k) and that only cost just over £300 at the same dealer.

What price should I be paying?

The car has a full Honda service history. Should I keep this going or save some cash and go to a local garage that I trust and have used before? I'm thinking the car (2006/06 2.2 sport with Sat Nav) is worth perhaps £4.5k and I expect to keep it for another 18-24 months at which point it will have £150k miles and probably not be worth much more than £2k at best. I'm thinking the £100 or so extra for a dealer service perhaps isn't worth it?

Any advice welcome.

Cheers

Chris,

It's not worth the stamp in my opinion. Buy the genuine parts from them and either do it yourself or use a decent garage. Make sure you use 0w/30 oil and a genuine Honda fuel filter.

Out of interest, what is left to do on the car after its hit 125K with regards servicing.

Is it just a case of oil, filters, fluids until the car dies, and hope nothing expensive breaks in the meantime?#

agree with fahad and cj as long as you use genuine parts keep the recipes and fill the service book yourself.

I'm in the same situation myself my dealer does some fixed priced servicing Level 1,2,3 Level 1 is oil change at 79.99 Level 2 isn't worth bothering with IMO and then Level 3 at 199.99 which is oil air fuel filter check brakes etc etc

My cars edging towards 140k and I plan to keep it for a few years so been looking into doing it myself, priced up all parts + 25l oil and still saving 50quid off the price of a Level 3 service (which didn't include poillen filter) and then have enough oil left over for a further 3 oil changes!

Plenty of guides on here with pictureS to help you out too.

My conclusions too - Had an offer for fixed price servicing plan form my Local Honda, but considering what needed doing I'd rather save the money, and DIY until the car dies.