What's new

16" wheels for spare/winter tyres

Did you bid on any of those wheels mate? I picked mine up on Saturday, they are almost mint, just need the tyres now :)

I did lost all of them , civic wheels by £2 ( really not happy about this )
Still got couple in watch list

I'm looking for wheels with tyres on as well and got something that I'm keeping my eye open but we see

Are you looking for ones with winter tyres fitted already?

Yeah if I can get ones cheap , then yeah would prefer it .

Lost on Mazda 6(16's) wheels with khumo winter tyres uses only for 1 season - gone for £245

You should've bid more if they were that good, I've seen sets sell for well over £300, some even approaching what they cost new!!

Just won a biding for a avon ice Turing 225/45/17 with 7-8 mm
For £200 post it (£198) and seller send me a cancelation transaction because they worth more and ask me cover difference +£100 if I want those tyres

F***g wan**r

I ask him to refund my money and cancel transaction

Got mine on now, Toyo Snowprox :) The rims don't look that bad on the Accord and they're mint!

post-438-0-29995200-1386963063_thumb.jpg

Looks lovely mate.

2.2cdti & 2.4vtec have bigger brakes, so 16's are the smallest you can go , the 2.0 thave smaller so I believe you could fit 15's

Is this prefacelift or facelift accord? Because with prefacelift it's only the 2.0 comfort version that has 280mm brake discs. 2.0 sport & 2.0 Executive have 300mm, same as 2.2 and 2.4

Got the genuine honda brochure here with me :)

You got those for a good price :)

I'm not sure about the centre caps but I'd imagine they are the same size on all wheels, only way to know is to measure them.

You will need to check the wheel nuts, the taper might be different so check they sit flush in the hole ok. On aftermarket wheels they use a 60 degree taper but some manufactures use different ones like round or even flat for OEM wheels.

Yes it was a good price, I was willing to go quite a bit higher on them to be honest.
I bought some spigot rings and have now fitted the wheels, they fit fine. I will have to have a look at the wheel nuts though, although I think they seem to fit fine. I will have to measure them up for the centrecaps, it looks a bit funny with hyundai centrecaps!

It turns out I did need new wheel nuts as the standard Honda ones have a round seat whereas the wheels expected a 60 degree taper. Still £15 on ebay for some new wheel nuts wasnt bad.

Simon

I have 4 16" 7th gen wheels with great Pirelli 205/55/16 tyres on if anyone wants to make an offer, just stuck another set on mine :)