What's new

18" Spare

d3fy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 EX GT
I've got 18" Sigma wheels on my 2009 Tourer, will a full size spare fit in the boot space?

100 % no mate it won't fit.
The only option is a space saver I'm afraid.

100 % no mate it won't fit.
The only option is a space saver I'm afraid.
will 2nd that i did not even no mine did't have a spare until about a month after buying it and then was highlighted on watchdog last night will my 7th gen space saver fit the 8th gen

OK, so guess what. Got a flat, huge ball ache. Need to sort a spare PDQ. Do any of the 5 stud Honda saver wheels fit the new Accord?

I've got a full size 17" Alloy spare as I dont use the boot much. It does reduce the boot space a little but it hasn't effected me yet. The carpet doesn't sit flush but I have found that it allows me to put the shopping bags either side with out them sliding about. I have still been able to get 2 large cases in the boot too for when I went on holiday. If I need more room in the boot I'll then stick the spare in the garage.

Will a mk7 16" space saver fit under the mk8 tourer floor and the hubs? Not sure if its going to cause a problem but my 2010 tourer has 18" OEM wheels....

I've got a 16" ES spec wheel with 205/60/16 tyre under my tourer floor, fits with loads of space left.

You need to check out tyre equivalence, as long as its within 5% its ok.

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm

205/60/16 is within 0.76% of my standard 225/50/17 tyres, so more than ok.