What's new

2.2 cdti topend RPM lack of power

Jack22Ctdiaccord

Reaction score
Car
accord 2.2 i-ctdi 57
Accord 2.2 i-ctdi 2007 57
Hi I've got this Accord had it for about 8-9 months was really lacking power when I bought it and turbo actuator vacuum was disconnected as vanes was broken and bearing had alot of play, I have since changed the turbo so turbo is now operating great and car drives alot Better than before problem I am having if first Gear doesn't really boost till about 2800+rpm (I don't think this is normal as I've been is one before and it boosted before 2kRPM in every gear)
Every other Gear the low boost is fine but after about 3krpm it seam very flat is there any obvious reasons for this
Things I've changed
1.Boost solenoid
2.egr solenoid
3.egr valve
4.turbo
5.glow plugs
And more stuff I can't think of any help would be much appreciated

Double check your intercooler, all boost hoses and air intake where it connects to the turbo for any leaks or incorrect fitting

Double check your intercooler, all boost hoses and air intake where it connects to the turbo for any leaks or incorrect fitting

Great thanks I'll have a good look is there anything obvious I should look out for noise or anything or is it just look for bad connecting pipe's

If you can hear a boost leak then follow that, but I have seen the airbox connection into the turbo not seated correctly which can cause this.

If you can hear a boost leak then follow that, but I have seen the airbox connection into the turbo not seated correctly which can cause this.

Hi I have checked this morning for boost leaks and the intake pipes and there is no leaks, one thing I have forgot to mention that the car reminder me of this morning it might be obvious but every morning since having the car I've had a puff of white smoke on cold start only as it starts but if it's really cold I also get like a chuffing noise from engine for up to 5 second is this injector related as it does kind of sound like it and do you think this could be part of the problem?

Sounds like a leaking injector, and a bad injector can cause this yes