What's new

2.2 Diesel Accord

urban boy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Civic EK4 B18
Hi, Looked at a 07 Accord CDTI on the weekend, and thought about buying one as transport for the work comute. I do around 300 miles a week, and use our Accord Type S on the weekend. I love the idea of another Type S, but think a Cdti would be the sensible choice, whilst still having that saloon shape i love. Did'nt drive the Accord that i viewed, but start i and had a good look around it. Very nice car in Grey, same as our Type S. Bit noisey on tickover, my question is at what sort of mileage per week/month would it make sense? i have to disregard the purchase price really, or it just don't make sense, better to buy another Type S for less money and offset the fuel prices against any saving.

That mileage should make it very viable with all the other variables considered. ;)

Considering my brother is getting 350 miles to a tank on his 2.4 Type S and I was getting 600 on my tuned ICTDI... I would say it's a no brainer with that mileage.

Considering my brother is getting 350 miles to a tank on his 2.4 Type S and I was getting 600 on my tuned ICTDI... I would say it's a no brainer with that mileage.

I've been getting 350 on v power lol

What size tank does the Diesel have? and how much to fill from empty. Seems more of a good idea, just keep looking at other cars aswell, Damn Lexus 220D.

Last receipt for Vpower (misuses is well trained :lol). 56.78 litres costing £85.11. Warning light had just come on I think. Certainly had a little engine stutter :ph34r:

What is the cost to change and do you need to change?

http://www.mez.co.uk/derv.html

Ive just traded up to a 2.2 i-ctdi tourer from a 2.0 vauxhall vectra sri est i do 100 work miles a week and some running around at weekends im getting 400 miles to a tank with out really trying when id be lucky to get near 300 miles from my vectra.

From what you've said you'll be doing the same sort of mileage as me - do you want to spend about £75 a week on Petrol, or £35 a week on diesel and put the £2k a year you save towards something nice?

From what you've said you'll be doing the same sort of mileage as me - do you want to spend about £75 a week on Petrol, or £35 a week on diesel and put the £2k a year you save towards something nice?
Like a new clutch, turbo and DMF LOL.

Alt you should be getting more then 400 to a tank

My commute takes me over the cotswold hills and the through cheltenham traffic to prestbury from abbeymead in gloucester 10 miles each way and i dont tend to hang about last time i tripped the counter i filled back up at 420 miles the light had just come on if id have ran on the light for a bit think i might have got nearer to 500s miles but im not keen on edging my bets anyway its an easy 100 miles more that my vectra so that makes me happy.

I just got a 2.2 cdti Accord EX facelift in p/ex against my Cupra TDI.

I love it but it's a big for me, I'd rather have the Civic. I might be selling up soon once the log book comes back.

Thanks for all the input guys, Is the 7th Gen Diesel UK built or Jap? I have taken onboard what people have said about the possible savings, diesel around my area is about 4-10p more than Petrol. I like the idea of a tuned Diesel.

if you wanna be cool, get the 2.2 diesel :)

I want to be cool, maybe when there is a local meet, i could have a look around your mota, i have looed at a couple at garages but when you ask for a test drive they straight away ask how much deposit you got.

I want to be cool, maybe when there is a local meet, i could have a look around your mota, i have looed at a couple at garages but when you ask for a test drive they straight away ask how much deposit you got.

lol you can if you want! its pretty much standard. i think with optional spoiler, 17" wheels (might be whats called pentas - not sure) and reverse parking sensors

can be seen at the lorry park in bury on some saturday nights :D
deposit? buy the whole car outright!!

edit: HAH! just worked out i do 300 commute miles a week too, up the A140 to norwich and back...ive clocked up 330ish miles and the tank is reading a bit over half full. i used to get 600ish miles to a tank in my 325 diesel so the accord should be even better :)

Thanks for all the input guys, Is the 7th Gen Diesel UK built or Jap? I have taken onboard what people have said about the possible savings, diesel around my area is about 4-10p more than Petrol. I like the idea of a tuned Diesel.

7th gen Accord is built in Japan mate.

Diesels are really only good for long commutes on the motorway. Still, the torque is absolutely amazing and I'd recommend a 2.2 just for that!!

ive just done 615 miles in mine until the warning light came on. i fill the tank to the top, so ill work out my MPG tomorrow. the aircon was on for quite a few miles, maybe 200 and i wasnt being particularly economical with my right foot.

ive just done 615 miles in mine until the warning light came on. i fill the tank to the top, so ill work out my MPG tomorrow. the aircon was on for quite a few miles, maybe 200 and i wasnt being particularly economical with my right foot.
52.8mpg. worked out by miles driven since i filled the tank and the litres i poured in to fill it lastnight.
quite good :)

That's very good mate, most I think I ever had was just under 700 miles and I reckon I'd have got to 720 before it conked out but I didn't have the balls to check!! That was driving like miss daisy though but it was tuned at Stage 1.. These cars are not forgiving if you have a heavy right foot but very rewarding if you take it easy.

For its era the 7gen is a brilliant motorway cruiser, would be better with a longer 5/6 gear for motorway far to short the way it is, overall the gearing does let it down in terms of economy and ease imo but 3rd gear is sweet when pacing and it does pull through the rev range.
Brisk city driving the mpg suffers a fair bit, I can think of better city diesels to boot about.

A few months ago I ended up driving solely within town for around 5 weeks. Managed to get 400 miles before fuel warning light came on.

A few months ago I ended up driving solely within town for around 5 weeks. Managed to get 400 miles before fuel warning light came on.

portsmouth sucks for driving though. constant stop start with awful taxi drivers about and uni students who just wander as they cross roads . :ph34r:

In the 8 fill ups I've done in mine, it's averaged just 45 mpg, and 510 miles on £70-£75, and is running at an average of 13.98p per mile on fuel.

My motoring is usually 1 return trip of 230 miles to Derby on a Monday and Home on a Friday, with the odd 50 miles at the weekend, but if the journey is less than 5 miles I use the wife's 1.8 Cavalier which is achieving a whopping 25 mpg if that.

I don't hang about in terms of acceleration, but I 'never' go over the speed limit on the motorway, due to the number of points I don't have on my licence.

The car needs a service, so it'll be interesting to see the improvement with new air filter etc.

my MPG is in my SIG BTW. it is a range of not hanging around (needed to get my daughter to hospital pronto) to being mrs daisy.

basically all my driving is short commuting (25 mile round trip) with the odd excursions out. I do drive to southampton and back once or twice a week, but i dont really hang about much on the m'way

If you click on my Fuelly (click on the pic of my car below) it shows you what my MPG has been. Im running an elite stage 1 map too :)