What's new

2.2 Diesel - Service @ 108k

kasheeq8

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 Ex Diesel
Hi Everyone,

I bought a 2007 Accord 2.2 Ex Diesel back in May. The previous owner had serviced it at the 99k mark and now it has done 108k. I understand that I should get the car serviced.

Can someone please advise what are the servicing requirements for the car given it has reached this mileage mark?

Hi Kash,

I had the exact same question when my car broke the 100k mark.

Take a look at my thread here and see what you think.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/6314-100k-service-what-to-watch-out-for/page__p__73599__fromsearch__1#entry73599

Hi DHF,

Thanks for the response. I have seen this thread and just want to double check before going ahead.

Kash

Hi DHF,

Thanks for the response. I have seen this thread and just want to double check before going ahead.

Kash

Hi Kash.

Since the car is new to you i would advise replacing:
gear box oil
engine oil
oil filter
fuel filter
brake fluid
(i also did my coolant)
I also did the air intake filter and cabin (pollen) filter.

All of it is easily doable by a resonably competant person (that just about includes my skill level :D ) and took my a about 8 hours at a leasurly pace to get it done.

Agree with Adam, do the whole lot and don't use Honda to do it. But DO use genuine Honda Fuel filters and transmission and coolant fluids.

MOST people can easily service these cars. Its not hard to do. Just use some common sense and the guides which fellow members have put together to help you. (The key word in there was "most" btw)

Kash.
since your in reading, its not a million miles away from me so if you get stuck i will help where i can :)

Thanks for the responses guys. Since it was going to be my first service for the car, I was planning on getting Honda to carry this out albeit in a pricey fashion. I sent an online service request 2 weeks on the honda UK website and they are still considering my offer (sarcasm alert). Maybe their web admin needs to pull his socks up, as they probably did not receive the request.

So I am ****ed off and will do this independently or do some of it myself.

Where do you recommend I get the genuine service parts from online?

ps: Thanks for the offer Adam :)

Kash,

We have deals with Holdcroft Honda and VTecfh Direct (in the traders section).

You can also get genuine kits on eBay.

For the essential 0-30 oil go to Lubetech (also in the traders section) the 25 litre drum is a bargain that I don't think has been beaten.

Not sure if Adam is still doing remaps - but may be worth a looksee if you guys are hooking up for a servicing session ;).

Kash, no problem at all. i so all my servicing :) saves me huge amounts of cash!
and yes Dan im still mapping :)

Guys how is this deal?

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-accord-diesel-major-service-kit-0608-p-748.html

Off the top of my head its reasonable.

yes thats not a bad buy at all :)

Kash. I can charge you main dealer pricing to do your service if you want :D.
Really its a doddle to do. my car had FHSH when i got it at 92K miles and im now at 134k ish. I have all the receipts of all the parts and oil i have purchased and signed the book myself.

once these cars are above the 100k mark i doubt FHSH is really that important. as long as you have shown you have serviced it, most savvy people will take that.

Again. im more than happy to show you how to do the stuff if your not too sure yourself. BTW there are great how to guides on the forum that explains things step by step to.

Thanks Adam, might consider the offer if I fail spectacularly. Anything else I need to purchase separately which is missing from that service bundle?

Oil?

Yes Engine oil (please get 0w30 fully synthetic)
gear box oil (if your wanting ot change it)
brake fluid - if your wanting to change it

Yes Engine oil (please get 0w30 fully synthetic)
gear box oil (if your wanting ot change it)
brake fluid - if your wanting to change it

Silly question time...standby.

How much (litres) of each oil do I need?

.sorry if someone else wanted to answer that, I'm sat in the garage waiting an eternity for the tracking to be done lol

You will need 6litres of engine oil (it takes 5.9) 3litres of gearbox oil (takes 2.2) 1litre of brake fluid was enough to change both brake and clutch fluid.

^^what Faddy said.

^^what Faddy said.

I guys - great info on this forum - i have an 2005 Accord Diesel - I am reasonably competent with tools, i constantly build/tinker with racing bicycles/Mountain bikes and the like - i have done oil changes in older cars - as my Honda is the first fairly decent car I have owned I was reluctant to jump in and do things for myself on it - but after reading some of the threads on this, I have decided to give a service a go over the Xmas break.

I am going to start with the fuel filter - on a recent cold snap last week she went into "limp home" mode when i attempted to overtake. i got a shock alright. I contacted the local Honda dealer and arranged to get her hooked up to the computer to see what the problem was, in the mean time i googled the problem and discovered it was probably a sludged up fuel filter - so I canceled the appointment and am going to give this a go myself - times is hard ya know - so im going to get down the Honda dealer at lunch time and pick up a filter and go at it.

Wish me luck!

Good luck....

Nice one Danny, start a thread and say hello in the newbies section mate. And good luck!

Update:

Thanks for everyone tips and help.

I got lazy and decided to get an independent garage to do the job (parts and labour). However they were charging me 370 (parts and labour) for the full monty service as recommended to me by you guys (minus coolant fluid change).

I then decided to order the parts myself. I went for the below deal and bought engine oil (0w30), coolant and brake fluid.

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-accord-diesel-major-service-kit-0608-p-748.html

I got the parts delivered the next day. (£130 all in)

One of my friend's brother in law has a small garage and so I headed there yesterday afternoon. I stood and watched the whole service so I could learn what to do next time myself.

The guys whizzed through the engine oil change, oil filter change, air filter, pollen filter in no time. They were saying I dont need the fuel filter change and my friend was adamant they change it (i can understand why now). It took one of them a while to change the fuel filter....not an easy job.

They topped up the coolant.

I havent done the gear box oil change and brake fluid change. The garage guys gave me discount and charged me £40. I had peace of mind knowing that I had used genuine parts. The car seems to be happy and driving no problems.

How important is it for me to change the gear box and brake fluid?

I'll be driving on Xmas day to North England from Reading :)

Brake fluid is easy enough to do with a second pair of hands...depends what it looks like really.... if it looks like tramps pee I would change it... think I have posted pics on the last few months.

Gear oil can probably wait.

I always find that the car feels a lot better after a service, it is worth changing the gearbox oil and brake fluid as it will improve both the life and performance of the systems. I had noticed a big improvement on the feel of the brakes and changing gear is now also so much nicer.

gearbox oil is as easy and engine oil.

Not dissing the indi garage, but they honestly dont understand the needs of our car if they think the fuel filter didnt need to be changed.

brake fluid doesnt NEED to be done. but its nice to know its fresh and you start with good fluid

Definitely do the gearbox oil and if they are confident with the brake fluid and will not get any air into the system, let them do that too. Sounds like a bargain at £40 to be honest if it includes changing the fuel filter.