What's new

2.2 i-cdti diesel fuel filter (2004)

Simonmcroy81

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 i-cdti tourer
Is this the one i need my fellow accordians........................
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-MK8-TOURER-2-2-I-CTDI-01-2004-CHN13021-FUEL-FILTER-46841-/251004297752?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a7105a218

cheers, si

Is this the one i need my fellow accordians........................
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-MK8-TOURER-2-2-I-CTDI-01-2004-CHN13021-FUEL-FILTER-46841-/251004297752?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a7105a218

cheers, si
Probably best not to get that one... many problems are caused by fitting inferior fuel filters. The correct one for the pre-facelift is made by Bosch and wouldn't cost a lot more than the one linked. You can obviously buy the correct Bosch filter (part no. ends in 442, IIRC) from Honda, but they are available cheaper elsewhere.

Si, the ictdi is REALLY fussy about fuel filters.Aftermarket ones just seem to cause trouble with hesitating, cutting out etc. Most on here only use genuine Honda fuel filters. A bit more expensive (£25 -£30 I think). But trust me, its definitely worth it. You really don't need your car to start jerking and cutting out doing a full bore overtake on a country road! I'm speaking from experience here.

Si, the ictdi is REALLY fussy about fuel filters.Aftermarket ones just seem to cause trouble with hesitating, cutting out etc. Most on here only use genuine Honda fuel filters. A bit more expensive (£25 -£30 I think). But trust me, its definitely worth it. You really don't need your car to start jerking and cutting out doing a full bore overtake on a country road! I'm speaking from experience here.

well, funny you should say that but this is what mine does occasionally. Foot down, glow plug light flashing, limp home mode, turn off car, wait 30 seconds and it's all back to normal.

not sure when the filter was changed on it.

Si when it comes to the fuel filter on these cars only buy genuine from the dealer as members have had endless problems with them.
Give our affiliated dealer holdcroft honda based in stoke a call. Mention your a member on type accord and they will try and get the best price delivered for you.

PFKL341727, this is the part number for the filter on mine i believe. can anyone confirm my findings? cheers, si

That's neither the Bosch number nor the Honda part number - looks like you have a non-standard filter. If you have the correct filter, then it's pretty easy to read the word BOSCH on the front of it as you look under the bonnet.

That's neither the Bosch number nor the Honda part number - looks like you have a non-standard filter. If you have the correct filter, then it's pretty easy to read the word BOSCH on the front of it as you look under the bonnet.

hi jon, that number above is from lings honda site. it might not be for the filter though. i'll give the affiliates a ring tomorrow.

The Honda part number is 16901S6FE02 (but you won't find that number on the filter)... http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-accord-diesel-fuel-filter-0305-p-735.html (you can also see the Bosch part number is 0 450 906 442)

PFKL341727, this is the part number for the filter on mine i believe. can anyone confirm my findings? cheers, si
try the Lings link you've found again, but then delete "_pfk" in the url, then you will see that the link shows proper Honda part numbers.

e.g. compare this
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=B__0401&block_03=445
(honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=B__0401&block_03=445)

with this
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=B__0401&block_03=445
(honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=B__0401&block_03=445)

Note that is for the 2.4 petrol car btw

Just been rummaging in the garage (I keep old parts boxes for reference) Honda part number 16901-S6F-E02 confirms jon'spost re fuel filter and it had bosch written on it. Oil filter kit 15430-RBD-E02. Can also confirm that yours needs changing, I had the same symptoms, light on, limp mode, switch off squeeze the priming bulb and back to normal. No problems since renewing the filter. Howards Honda Weston super Mare used to advertise on Ebay with genuine parts and cheap as well but cannot seem to find them now?

PS Jon thanks for heads up on Amazon and Bulbs, cheapest by far.

Simon just give Holdcroft Honda a call with your reg and the discount code.You will not get a genuine filter cheaper than them trust me.

Just been rummaging in the garage (I keep old parts boxes for reference) Honda part number 16901-S6F-E02 confirms jon'spost re fuel filter and it had bosch written on it. Oil filter kit 15430-RBD-E02. Can also confirm that yours needs changing, I had the same symptoms, light on, limp mode, switch off squeeze the priming bulb and back to normal. No problems since renewing the filter. Howards Honda Weston super Mare used to advertise on Ebay with genuine parts and cheap as well but cannot seem to find them now?

PS Jon thanks for heads up on Amazon and Bulbs, cheapest by far.

ahh, so you do have useful things to say sometimes!! lmfao!! :wub: :unsure: :p

you have not been here long enough to know, stick around you could learn something. LOL

well, the possibility of being taught by your fine self is worth sticking around for in itself, lol!! :unsure: seriously though, i am seriously grateful for all the help i have received from yourselves over the last 48 hours.

cheers, si

:wub: Group hug everyone :wub:

Here's a DIY guide that has excellent description of how to change the fuel filter... http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/118-diy-full-engine-service-on-the-pre-facelift-i-ctdi-accord/ - it's much easier if you have a small drive socket set (ideally 1/4'', but 3/8" drive is possible) with a universal joint (and small hands are a bonus). I'd allow up to 2 hours for the first time.

I used that guide and it was a real help. Took me about 2 hours but then I did only have 1/2" drive sockets (although I do have small hands). Should be able to do it quicker next time now I know what I'm doing.

Just rung the cracking guys at holdcroft honda and my new diesel fuel filter will be winging its way to me on monday. Hopefully no more pant wetting overtaking moments when the car decides to go into limp mode! Not looking forward to fitting the ****** though.

Nice one mate, glad someone reads my guides :lol:

Good luck Simon with the FF its not the easiest of jobs so take your time.

^^^I can't read the small font, but I ***ume you saying that you have little girly hands ideal for changing the fuel filter on a diesel Accord. :D

^^^I can't read the small font, but I ***ume you saying that you have little girly hands ideal for changing the fuel filter on a diesel Accord. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
[sub] PS if you click on "Reply" you can see it, or just alter the zoom in the broswer [/sub]

Fuel filter arrived today so I'm looking forward to overtaking all sorts of things on Thursday. Will this improve mpg if the old ones screwed?

Probably not... and there's also a chance it won't actually fix the problem. But still worth doing anyway. We can look for stored ECU codes to see if any clues to the problem, if not fuel filter.