What's new

2.2 issues after f/f change

eddgreen

Members
Reaction score
Car
05 2.2 tourer sport
Hi guys, I have got an issue with our 54 plate 2.2 tourer. I did a full service last weekend including the fuel filter but now occasionally when accelerating hard it starts kangarooing as if it's cutting out & restarting again. Under normal / gentle acceleration it drives fine. The other day it wouldn't start at all but the Mrs had driven a few miles at all with the fuel light on, I started it and it ran for a minute or so then cut out & wouldn't restart. I put some fuel in with a Jerry can and it started after a few pumps of the rubber pump on the bulkhead. I had a similar issue on a 6th gen 1.8 sport but it was an electrical issue. Do you think my issue could be related to the fuel filter I replaced? It wasn't a genuine Honda one but made by a company called Meyle I believe. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Only OEM fuel filter... always..
i used KNECHT fuel filter once and it is a good company it still wasnt running properly. Once i put genuine filter all problems were gone. Start with that and never use different filters then original hondas.. no metter how good company it is there is too many examples here

Got to be one of these
filtersony005_zpsb2d927eb.jpg

filtersony007_zpscc230665.jpg

Any other will give you aggro

I wish people would read the sticky threads

gives us all something to do when there's not much on TV and the brood aren't on the phone pestering with money problems :lol: