What's new

2.2 Oil change

Pete-B

Members
Reaction score
Car
08 2.2 Tourer
Just looking someone to confirm, I did an oil change last night on my 2.2 i-DTEC. The instructions on line seem to be to refill with 5.5 ltrs and top up to 6 ltrs if it is required. The query is when draining at the sump plug I took over 7 ltrs out, so should I have replaced 7 ltrs or is 6 ltrs what it is supposed to be?

Cheers,
Pete

Howdy, sometimes these figures are inaccurate, just fill it to the max mark on the dipstick and then you know it's right.

Doesn't matter what you take out, the dipstick is your guide. Always fill slowly as it takes a while to drain down and you may end up over filling.

Diesels end up with some fuel in the oil so thats why they are often over filled.

Make sure you used the DPF compliant oil, low SAPs, 0w/30 fully synth.

Don't want to frighten you but do keep an eye on your oil level.

If it's rising then its indicative of an impending DPF failure as the ash build up is causing oil and diesel contamination.

Cheers guys, although there was more oil than I expected it was relatively clean (certainly cleaner than any petrol engine I've done)

When I got the car the dealer gave me the oil for the change cos I said I'd rather do it myself. The oil was Motaquip 0w30 fully synthetic, but on checking it, it would appear to be mid sap sap In gonna have to do it again.

When I dipped it again yesterday to check the level it was dead on max and still golden in colour even though I'd been out for a spin after changing the oil. Will keep an eye on it though, ta.