What's new

2.2i-ctdi timing chain

madmoz7610

Reaction score
Car
08 honda accord Mk7
Hi guys anyone got a link to a decent timing chain and oil pump kit please, or has anyone had any experience with the ebay ones

oem chains like febe have been although dont think much more expensive at dealer its labour cost that racks up

Well my cars makin some horrible noises so it's either the chain or the dmf/clutch so replacing both an if it carries on the cases gona be run until it dies

Mileage of the car should be a reasonable indication of the chain's demise, as is vibration of the pedal for the DMF.

Try changing the oil first, cheap stuff and run carefully for about twenty miles to see if the noise goes away.

Jus had a service, cars been makin this noise for a while now. Cars on 161k full service history

Whatever kit you go for make sure you also replace the oil pump drive gear, which is not in the kit, otherwise you could be placing a new chain on a worn gear and it's not a good combination!

Don't ask me how I know!

Most the kits iv seen has the new sprocket for oil pump, jus want to know if its worth buyin the ebay specials or savin an gettin from honda

Jus had a service, cars been makin this noise for a while now. Cars on 161k full service history

100k miles is an odd mileage for cam/oil chain issues, unless the oil has run low at some point. What did they do at the last service interval ?

If you are taking it to the same garage each time they should have some knowledge that exceeds that of virtual mechanics on a forum.